Antichrist! Dugin on Negarestani

version

Not sure. It's interesting he switched cars just before too, not that I think he had anything to do with it, just that it's incredibly unfortunate.

wild greens

You do have parties in Russia claiming responsibility

Though i guess you need to take this things with a pinch of salt. They're largely unknown it seems

wild greens

There are mobile phone videos knocking about of the aftermath of this bomb now, where Dugin is walking around shell-shocked while the car is in flames in the background

Quite the spectacle

Hard to believe that someone could put their own kid in a car bomb

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There are mobile phone videos knocking about of the aftermath of this bomb now, where Dugin is walking around shell-shocked while the car is in flames in the background

Quite the spectacle

Hard to believe that someone could put their own kid in a car bomb

Quite a lot of things about Russia are hard to believe.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, although I wouldn't be surprised to learn someone did. There's no low some people won't stoop to.
Well he's a self-admitted fascist, so there's very little I'd put past him on a moral level, and he's said to be heavily into mysticism/occultism/theology.

Those facts don't by themselves prove he was behind it, but it would make it much less surprising if it turned out to be true.

sus

If he killed his own daughter that's incredible and beautiful. Really rare and exceptional. Nobody lives by their convictions. The noblest villains are always the ones who live by their codex. I don't know what to say and I don't expect people here to understand. But I hope, if it happened, he did it. It's an incredible thing to do.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If he killed his own daughter that's incredible and beautiful. Really rare and exceptional. Nobody lives by their convictions. The noblest villains are always the ones who live by their codex. I don't know what to say and I don't expect people here to understand. But I hope, if it happened, he did it. It's an incredible thing to do.
I hope he rewarded himself with a few hours in the Gus Hotel afterwards.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'll try and find some links later, but I've read a number of comments from people who follow Russian politics closely (most of them actually Russian) saying that the idea of Dugin as a 'Rasputin-like' figure, that you see a lot of in Western discourse, is greatly exaggerated; that Putin and Dugin have never met (or there's no public record of any meetings between them, anyway); and that the idea of a 'mentor/pupil' relationship between them is almost certainly false.

Not that Dugin's philosophy of fascistic Russian nationalism, virulent anti-Westernism and a generally conspiratorial worldview isn't exactly the sort of thing Putin approves of and promotes, but there's no reason to think the relationship goes any deeper than that.

Edit: the guy whose thread I posted above described Dugin as a 'third class starlet' with no direct access to the Kremlin.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Or as poetix put it:

Suspect Dugin is to Putin as Bannon is to Trump as Evola was to Mussolini: flattered and granted access, but not actually all that important.

but probably without even the access (and certainly far less important than Bannon was to Trump, given that Bannon actually ran Trump's 2016 election campaign).

vimothy

yurp
kierkegaard level of commitment to an ideal, religious level of ethical engagement

Reactions: sus