other_life

bioconfused
also I hate to get too much into "it's all subjective man" but it does depend on how you're approaching things. a lot of music that the UK people here would consider proper tunes would not be seen that way at all by people I know in Minnesota.

the divide.

mvuent

Void Dweller
as I was going to point out in version's morton feldman thread, stockhausen once told feldman "your music could be a moment in my music". maybe that's the issue with minimalism and proper tunes generally. they impose as permanent constraints what could be only temporary ones in a romantic context. for example, proper tunes-ism dictates that you always need a catchy hook. non-pop music can have that, but it doesn't have to at all times. you're free to invent your own rules and go wherever you want. the downside is that this dilutes focus on perfecting Proper elements, which is why proper tunes can often be more compelling in practice that other stuff.

but the potential to assimilate the strengths of proper tunes is why I'd put myself fully in the romantic camp. your music could be a moment in my music.