luka

Let's examine disruption. Uber. Disaster Capitalism. Dominic Cummings. San Francisco. New Burrito App. Revolution in work practice. It owes a lot to the idea quoted below. That to reassemble at a higher level of complexity first you need to break down the previous order. image.jpg

poetix

we murder to dissect
"Move fast and break things" (early Facebook motto) seems related to me to Karl Rove (allegedly)'s infamous comments about how an empire shapes reality:

The aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' [...] 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors...and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do'.

poetix

we murder to dissect
The disruptor moves at speed, ahead of history, creating turbulence, breaking things by introducing velocities and intensities that they're not equipped to tolerate. This is not exactly the same rationale as "break things down in order to re-organise them better". The concept of organisation involved is usually dynamic and emergent - it's not a programmatic rationalisation of phenomena, but derangement in the interests of unpredictable novelty. The governing force is not reason (philosophy) but will (antiphilosophy, the Nietzschean desire to embody in one's person the force which breaks history in two).

comelately

Wild Horses
"He wants spiritual brokenness, the kind of brokenness He can use. He wants godly sorrow that leads to repentance "

(2 Cor. 7:10)

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Inb4 Tea:

tumblr_nra12jLOoD1u1hvc9o1_640.jpg

sadmanbarty

disruption has become and ends in itself.

there's an element of the banon-cummings mythology that there's not particularly an end they're after. it's not 'disrupt the system so as to implement x'. disruption for disruption's-sake.

this fits in to luke's joker vector thing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

there's an element of the banon-cummings mythology that there's not particularly an end they're after. it's not 'disrupt the system so as to implement x'. disruption for disruption's-sake.

And Fight Club.

luka

The disruptor moves at speed, ahead of history, creating turbulence, breaking things by introducing velocities and intensities that they're not equipped to tolerate. This is not exactly the same rationale as "break things down in order to re-organise them better". The concept of organisation involved is usually dynamic and emergent - it's not a programmatic rationalisation of phenomena, but derangement in the interests of unpredictable novelty. The governing force is not reason (philosophy) but will (antiphilosophy, the Nietzschean desire to embody in one's person the force which breaks history in two).

I think it is the same. Because the disruptor doesn't reorganise. It just magically happens. At a higher attractor site. As you say this is dynamic and emergent.

luka

I think it is the same. Because the disruptor doesn't reorganise. It just magically happens. At a higher attractor site. As you say this is dynamic and emergent.

This happens at every level from the individual to the corporation to society to the geopolitical.

poetix

we murder to dissect
Part of me wants to like Cummings because he's so obviously a malignant self-serving little troll, but also quite good at it. He'll come to a bad end, I hope. Camille Paglia once described Foucault as appealing to "game-playing minds with unresolved malice towards society", and Cummings is exactly that.

comelately

Wild Horses

I don't think that's quite it though tbh. They're not micromanagers of what emerges in place of what they destroy, but they have an opinion about it. They're just more 'directional' when it comes to that. The new conservatism is much more participatory than its previous incarnations. They make a distinction between power and control.

sadmanbarty

(antiphilosophy, the Nietzschean desire to embody in one's person the force which breaks history in two).

kinetic cognition.

"force of personality".

i'm sure banon talks about thoughts and ideas in terms of guns and all that.

ben shapiro "destorys" people.