luka

I want to hear about me teas sausage casserole. I want to hear about Bartys oven chips egg and beans I want to hear about Edens nut roast with reggae reggae sauce

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I want to hear about me teas sausage casserole.

I'm afraid we finished the last bit of sausage casserole yesterday. This evening we had chicken casserole! Sauce of dry cider and creme fraiche with lemon juice, tarragon and dash of tomato puree in it, garlic and onions, some bacon and - of course - mushrooms. Hedgehog mushrooms, puffballs and two species of chanterelle in this case (see the 'nature watch' thread). Toasted homemade bread (white/wholemeal mix) on the side. Pint of alcoholic ginger beer for me - the Mrs had alc-free weissbier (on account of being preggers, of course).

Er, we do cook food other than casserole! But with the weather having just turned, it's definitely a casserole-appropriate time of year.

Last edited:

luka

Fuck knows what the young Americans like mvuent eat. Some kind of pop tart presumably. Blueberry pop tart and a quart of monster energy drink.

version

Pint of alcoholic ginger beer for me - the Mrs had alc-free weissbier (on account of being preggers, of course).

Me, lager. Finchy, lager. Gareth, lager sometimes cider, so different drinks for different... needs.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Been getting well into spanakopita (cheese and spinach puff-pastry pie) lately. Incredibly easy, it has a total of four ingredients, and that's only because we bastardise the recipe a little by adding some mature cheddar to the obligatory feta.

Everyone is welcome to come over and sample it, with the exception of Corpsey, for obvious reasons.

luka

I really didn't want to spend any money, cos I don't have any and besides which I couldn't bear the thought of leaving the house it's so miserable out so I just cooked everything I had. Thought it was going to be weird but actually was delicious

I stir fried carrot onion broccoli garlic chilli smoked tofu and mixed it with pasta and grated Cheese. Basically oil is a delicious sauce. The best sauce even better than butter specially when it tastes of garlic and chilli. You can just cook anything in oil and dump it on top of a carb and you're going to really enjoy yourself. Can't go wrong.

Leo

that's actually a pretty tasty-sounding meal for just raiding the cupboard, good one.

have to make sure this thread doesn't veer off into "things I like to eat for dinner", or "things I had last week that were good". I see this as a documentary thread, just reporting what dinner activity transpired today.

luka

Absolutely Leo this is solely about documenting what you ate, every single day for the rest of your life. We want real facts.

luka

Not the airbrushed version. The naked lunch. Btw I forgot I ate loads of mixed sprouts. Not Brussels sprouts, the other sort, alfalfa, radish, etc. Absolutely loads of them. Just on their own. No oil or anything.