luka

A lot of people are really funny about eggs.

I'm eating some twiglets while I cook a stew

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i think mr. tea's eggs are better but that's cos i prefer them to be a bit scrambled

As barty said, you eventually find out who your real friends are on here.

Regarding venison, here's what it looked like when sliced. There was enough for sandwiches today and there's still a bit left. Really good cold just with some of the blackberry sauce, the remaining mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt.

venison_sandwich.jpg

entertainment

I'm doing this fried noodles thing.

Chili, ginger, garlic
Minced pork and beef
Carrots and cabbage
Semi-scrambled egg and tofu
Finish with fish sauce and hoisin

cheers :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Pizza again. I jazzed up the sauce with some coriander, which worked well, I think. Mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar as usual, chorizo, kalamata olives, capers and the ubiquitous mushrooms.

new_pizza1.jpg new_pizza2.jpg

Leo

tea doesn't just post photos. he takes the time to compose and light them properly, and shows off with before and after photos. A+ for the extra effort.

Leo

my admiration is sincere. and to think you squeeze it all in between work, caring for a newborn and canvassing. I'm tired just thinking about it all.

luka

People are underating your dinners cos you don't photograph them but they're actually top tier

Leo

well, my wife does the cooking so I feel as if I'd be showing off dishes that aren't mine. plus I'd open myself up to being judged for the place setting, silverware, tabletop, etc.

a peek into Leo IRL, nothing good could come of it.

Last edited:

Leo

My underlit picture of a portion of chips and a tub of curry sauce didn't get many plaudits for some reason

tea might be able to train you on focus. he'll fit it in between nappy changings.

My underlit picture of a portion of chips and a tub of curry sauce didn't get many plaudits for some reason

I remain a fan of chips and curry sauce, but your curry sauce looked insipid so rather than tear it to shreds (which would have been unkind) I kept my own counsel.

Chips, battered cod, curry sauce beneath a lacy veil of HP, salted and vinegared, with a slice of generously-buttered bread. Fried in beef dripping, which never happens these days. I would eat the fuck out of that, even now.

The best chip shop curry sauce comes from Chinese-run chippies, distinguished by its orange hue, à la katsu, rather than disappointing olive drab with uncategorisable floating solids (soy lumps? sometimes, abysmally, sultanas).

The very worst is the curry sauce at motorhome shows at the Peterborough showground, being yellow and tasting like pine toilet cleaner.

But I don't eat any of that any more. Thinking of spending a year eating nothing but home-made pemmican and eggs.