Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Dinner of the Day.

Actually paternity leave is the best time to cook. Think it worked out to be about two months for me (might have that wrong). You become a caveman, just go out and hunt (i.e. go to shops) and cook all afternoon while the missus and baby nap. You all becomes this little self contained unit, interlopers, well wishers and all other responsibilities can get to fuck.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post:

Haha, very good, lads.

The steak rub is 'patented' in that I invented it. I've mentioned it here before: dried powdered ceps (I used the tube material that a lot of foragers foolishly discard), smoked paprika, garlic granules, pepper and sea salt.

The sous vide 'machine' is just a sauce pan inside another pan. We've got a couple of reusable pouches bought for the purpose. Cooking for four today, so we used a couple of ziploc bags from IKEA as well (they have two seals, much better than ones you get from supermarkets for this purpose). And it was a special dinner of sorts as we had in-not-quite-laws over (er, if you get me).

Dan: I know what you mean about the caveman thing. it's very satisfying. And it's even better when it's food you've foraged! I wonder if anyone here has killed animals for food? My money would be on HMGovt.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Joe Rogans always going on about having a freezer full of elk he's shot so I reckon corpsey might have been inspired to take the air rifle out. Bag a squirrel or a nice plump wood pigeon.

Aww, someone shot version's post.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

He looks like a ren and stimpy character there
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Got that paradoxical camo/hi-viz combo going on, too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    If only it were as cut and dry as that, Tea. They find all kinds of meat in there when they test it. Lamb, beef, veal, turkey, sausage...
    I love the implication that 'sausage' is an animal species in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Same reason as Barty. They live at home and eat what mum puts on the table.
    No reason they can't still post about what they had, though. We make no judgments about living at home.