firefinga

Regarding mushrooms - actually, most of them are edible, it's just not a lot are really delicious. It's probably a normal distribution thing, there are a couple really dangerous ones, deadly ones and there are only a handful of really excellent tasting ones.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Regarding mushrooms - actually, most of them are edible, it's just not a lot are really delicious. It's probably a normal distribution thing, there are a couple really dangerous ones, deadly ones and there are only a handful of really excellent tasting ones.

This is more or less correct. In fact the very tasty ones outnumber the deadly ones several times over.

Leo

they don't really have much taste at all. but they are good at absorbing the flavors and seasonings of a dish, so quite versatile in that regard.

IdleRich

IdleRich
they don't really have much taste at all. but they are good at absorbing the flavors and seasonings of a dish, so quite versatile in that regard.
You think so? I think mushrooms are generally quite strong tasting and some such as truffles are really strong.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Still need to find out what I ate yesterday. I'm normally not the biggest fan but those things were literally like the meltiest piece of beef ever. I guess they were sautéed with some nice herbs n stuff though

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Spanakopita again this evening, with a special spicy sauce* on the side.

*OK, it was tomato pesto with some Tabasco in it

luka

I'm going to fry some veg and put it in top of some pasta no special cooking tonight

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Still need to find out what I ate yesterday. I'm normally not the biggest fan but those things were literally like the meltiest piece of beef ever. I guess they were sautéed with some nice herbs n stuff though

Ceps and the like are pretty meaty but I dunno if I'd say they were like beef, exactly. Hen of the woods is amazingly tasty but more like chicken. Parasols can be battered like I did the other day and taste a lot like veal. Dunno really. I expect I'm familiar with whatever mushrooms they used but now I really want the recipe they used.

Happy birthday by the way!

Leo

had a large, late lunch then out to attend a reading at a local bookstore. didn't get back until 9:30 pm and not particularly hungry, so just had a piece of whole grain toast with roasted red pepper hummus and slice of tomato on it. probably could have skipped dinner all together but didn't want to risk waking up staving at 3:00 am.

woops

is not like other people
Last night I had lamb rogan josh at wetherspoons same as i do every thursday night highlight of my week