Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Just reheated some already-cooked food the last two nights (S&MC and - for the benefit of Leo - spag bol) but made Three Kingdoms Pie this evening.

Bit different from usual in that I replaced the chicken entirely with mushroom. Leek and bacon as per usual, though. Spuds on the side.

three_kingdoms_pie.jpg

DannyL

Wild Horses
I had sausage and mash last night but with proper onion gravy. I browned the sausages, then carmelised the onions, added flour, madeira, fennel, stock and mustard and put in the oven. Was amazing, like an onion marmalade. Parsnip and potato mash alongside, fried the leftover mash this morning for breakfast with eggs. Yum.

IdleRich

IdleRich
My parents are visiting sunny Portugal now so yesterday we walked across the marshes from Povoa to Alverca which is home to the best curry place I've discovered since I moved here. Lamb Madras for me with garlic naan and pilau rice. Really fucking good. Especially a treat for me as except in Indian places (most of which are actually Nepalese) it's impossible to get lamb here weirdly, they just don't like it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Delicious, if eeever so slightly overcooked, lasagne courtesy of mum and dad, who visited today. Thanks guys!

IdleRich

IdleRich
My mum and dad are still here so we went out for dinner again. This time we went to Lisbon's one and only (as far as I know) Armenian restaurant. I had a starter of bread filled with beans and served with a glass of fermented milk. Main of lamb with pumpkin and plum sauce... girlfriend had a roast sturgeon.
I know that above I said that Nepalese restaurants are the only places to get lamb but it turns out that you can get it here too. You can't get it in kebab shops (beef or chicken!) or even in the Georgian restaurant which is weird cos it's their national speciality. They just don't like lamb in Lisbon (although in other places in Portugal they do), same goes for oysters and scallops which you only see rarely and for more than in London.

Arthur Brick

Mortar Life
Bit of catching up to do...
Two nights ago I made spinach and pepper tortilla with a side of sweet potato fries. It was delicious, and big enough to have some for lunch the following day with green beans and mushrooms fried in butter and garlic.
Last night we ate at a Japanese place on Bethnal Green Rd, unplanned, we were just walking past and it was late. Slightly better than average. Cost £90+ and I was still hungry ffs.
Tonight: currently making shepherds pie...