What are you going to do with the £169 million you win on the lottery tonight?

I'm going to get this lot to come over and build me a massive castle that nods to my mitteleuropean heritage. Not sure where it will be, but it will have its own well and it will be surrounded by lush meadows for me beef cows. I am conscious that a man's true wealth can best be assessed by the extent of his cattle herd.

There'll be a Bitcoin mine in the donjon which will heat or cool this schloß as the seasons demand. Particular attention will be paid to period detail e.g. all the shit the household generates will sluice into the moat.

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/09/building-a-13th-century-castle-in-the-21st-century/500204/

What's the score with planning permission if you can adequately defend against incursions from the local authority?

Leo

you just jinxed yourself. you aren't going to win it now, mark my words.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You're right actually, I would always have thought of jetting around the world for an endless cocaine fuelled orgy but

Forming a new aristocratic dynasty would be more gratifying to my ego in the long run

(Not that those are mutually exclusive)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The people who DO win always seem so boring. Imagine someone like Luka suddenly being rich as Midas.

entertainment

Daydreaming is nice. When I worked at a supermarket at 15, I always put in long shot footy odds coupon in the lunch break. Then I spent the rest of the shift fantasizing about what I'd do with the money. Made it much more tolerable.

Back then it was weed, sneakers and a new mpc.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i play lotto every friday but never won anything. to be really honest, i think i'd be death within a year if i'd won millions of money. i have a monkey brain.

martin

----
There should be a law that anyone who says this has every fucking cent taken off them and given to someone with an attitude more like yours.

There is no god, no karma:

Mr Goodchild is the wealthiest singleton to go public, the National Lottery confirmed. He told of celebrating on Saturday by doing "what I was going to do anyway" and watching the Wales rugby union team clinch the Six Nations Grand Slam with his father.

He said: "(We had) slightly fancier beer than we would have, nice Italian beer, sent out for pizza and had some spicy wings - the sort of things millionaires do every Saturday."

martin

----
It could be a trip going into work knowing you don't need to - just goofing around, openly drinking in the office and seeing what it takes for HR to fire you.

Who am I kidding, I'd be on the first plane to Tokyo.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There is no god, no karma:

Mr Goodchild is the wealthiest singleton to go public, the National Lottery confirmed. He told of celebrating on Saturday by doing "what I was going to do anyway" and watching the Wales rugby union team clinch the Six Nations Grand Slam with his father.

He said: "(We had) slightly fancier beer than we would have, nice Italian beer, sent out for pizza and had some spicy wings - the sort of things millionaires do every Saturday."

Yeah, I heard Jeff Bezos loves nothing better than a couple of Peronis and some greasy takeaway food. Fucksake.

martin

----
Good choice. Walking from there to Kyoto stopping at the various ryokans en route would be soul-cleansing and a good way to think and plan as you padded along leaving a trail of ¥

Oh...I was thinking more one of those clubs designed like a subway train where you get to 'touch up' call girls in bunny ears :slanted: