luka

I might have thought philosophy was a baleful influence at the time, probably I did because i was so hostile to theory. But really it was overpriveleging of a supposedly rational intellect on the one hand (the kind of Mr Spock fascism eggheads always dream of.) and the increasingly irrational shrill hysterical way that was expressed. i.e as a series of personalised attacks and denunciations this I objected to.

And I get that too. I get, have felt, that extreme frustration with other people's ability to or willingness to grasp your brilliant insight and the important message you are conveying.

and additionally, I am very close now to a lot of the positions he held then. It was a long time ago and I was younger then.

luka

I like the what is Deleuze thread, and again, in my atavistic way, I like that you are back on dissensus because it represents, to me, a healing of that rift in as much as you are a representative of the cold rationalists, the theory mob. A correcting of that initial mistake.

luka

The kpunk thing is really the trauma at the heart of the forum. Nothing else comes close. And obviously I payed a big part in it. After a very bad drug experience I had these paranoid visions of a world in which all his new fans came after me like villagers gathering at Draculas castle. That his collected blog book would have me as a villain (I also thought I'd killed Simon Reynolds) but then it came out and they'd merely pushed the Point it starts at forward a year or so so I don't appear at all!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I think there were a couple of occasions where random psychos offered a regular poster out. For a physical fight outside cyberspace.

Did that really happen?

Ilm remains great for finding out X music that is similar to Y that I like, but it would be an awful place to go for a chat.

Last edited:

luka

That Welshman said he'd pay for a bus ticket for Barty to come to Wales and get beaten up a little while ago. er, also I did that once, but not here.

sufi

lala
the enigma of yoghurt sothoth (and also the zapatista yoghurt)

dissensus is the oral history of itself

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That Welshman said he'd pay for a bus ticket for Barty to come to Wales and get beaten up a little while ago. er, also I did that once, but not here.

He did, didn't he? What an odd offer.

What? Not on guardian comments, surely

luka

It's not so much the being high thing that's the problem. If I remember rightly it's the bit in between. Skunk gives you temper tantrums.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i vaguely remember a user that had "pablo" in it's name, or something spanish sounding. does anyone know who i mean?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
remember he was some sort of trouble or source of conflict? curious now what it was about because i can't remember it, was not that active back then.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There was a guy who came from South America, or claimed to - can't remember if he was called Pablo - who made some ludicrous claim, like that modern urban music in general was derived not from American, Jamaican or British music, but latin music, and then got extremely cross when everyone failed to immediately agree with him, and called everyone racist. Then luka said "latin music is shit and you're a cunt", which remains perhaps the best single line anyone has said here, ever.

• Wow
Reactions: sus