Thread: The Art of Advertising

Default The Art of Advertising

I'll have plenty of cause to think about this soon. The forces of darkness!
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

to use a horrible phrase, this is in my wheelhouse. but I feel a resistance to contributing, too overloaded with it all day at work. I come here to escape that world.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    to use a horrible phrase, this is in my wheelhouse. but I feel a resistance to contributing, too overloaded with it all day at work. I come here to escape that world.
    You can help me!

TAKE ME INTO THE CIRCLE
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

This was directed by Ridley Scott. As with some of the others, Xbox telling people that life is short so they should spend more time playing Xbox, the irony here is probably intentional.

Corpsey, if you're looking for a historical account of the whole branding machine vs. the people battle for culture, then this is good: https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086...o_tab_contents

Can send it to you if you want. It's probably the best critical analysis of advertisement history I read before dropping out.

Apple's "1984" was also famous for being aired only once, during the Super Bowl that year. It was so unlike any other ad before it and made such a huge splash during the most watched annual TV event that it got written about in the press and discussed for months and years afterwards (all at no cost to Apple).