Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large white SUVs

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    SUV contribution to climate change is staggering. I didn't know quite how many cars sold were in this bracket - 1 in every 3 in Europe, and more elsewhere. Kind of mindblowing, as I don't really know anyone who has one...
    Here we go, I found the guardian article.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...figures-reveal

Just parking it here.

I guess the reason they are white is very simple, classic (bad) subterfuge.

I don't get these things at all. In Lisbon they are here and you see them trying to drive down these miniature cobbled hills that are barely wide enough for a bike, struggling into spaces that would be more appropriate to one of those little smart car things. I guess fair enough if you're just passing through but if you live in Lisbon and buy one of these outsize monstrosities then you want your head examined.

I think a contributing factor here is that sense of protection. The streets are much busier now, when you ride in one of these things, you are cushioned, high up, insulated somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by catalog View Post
    I think a contributing factor here is that sense of protection. The streets are much busier now, when you ride in one of these things, you are cushioned, high up, insulated somewhat.
    But in Lisbon at least the opposite is true, you're liable to get stuck or scraped at every bend or junction.

Makes no sense.