Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: patty's melancholic conservative politics

ultimately, we need to abandon the nuum. as an intellectual theory, it was never ours to begin with. it was just a continuous thing, totally self-evident. but it's always been the state of music journalism, even in its glory day for dance music in the 90s, that it's been absolutely terrible. I don't think this is a new thing at all. some of those mixmag/music mag reviews from the 90s are some of the worst pieces of writing I've read in my entire life. like with all respects to blissblogger he isn't really talking to us, (not out of neglect but because he's tuned into same frequency as us) in his own way he was in the 90s talking to todays goldsmiths equivalents. that's an important thing. and I definitely think Bliss is a great writer.
    Last edited by thirdform; 16-10-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Isn't it partly because nothing new seems to have happened since Boiler Room? There isn't really anything new to rail against. It's still Google, Amazon, Facebook, Spotify, Boiler Room et al., the same lot from a decade or so ago.
    The 2010s. A stagnant decade.

That Ballard quote from the bored thread seems appropriate.

"I would sum up my fear about the future in one word: boring. And that’s my one fear: that everything has happened; nothing exciting or new or interesting is ever going to happen again. . . the future is just going to be a vast, conforming suburb of the soul."

just wanted to say whilst the whole fascist bit was a bit of exasperated anger by politics i didn't mean you are a tory or back traditionalism but more the kind of things were better back then what have we lost worldview. By all means that's not invalid at all, i just feel the forum is overloaded with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    just wanted to say whilst the whole fascist bit was a bit of exasperated anger by politics i didn't mean you are a tory or back traditionalism but more the kind of things were better back then what have we lost worldview. By all means that's not invalid at all, i just feel the forum is overloaded with it.
    isn't that because a lot of the people here are a bit old? it's a bit of a thing that all old people say right?

There's ten years difference between them I think? Third nudging 30 patty nudging 40

What are we counting as 'old'?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

I'll be old soon. Luka's right behind me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    There's ten years difference between them I think? Third nudging 30 patty nudging 40
    Was gonna keep it to myself but I turn 36 in 30 min
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Nice of third to do a birthday thread just for you!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

He loves me really

^ me vs the ways of the world
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Patty
    Patty is another word for Princess.
    Stemming from humble ancient roots, it takes its meaning from the Patrician's. A group of women (from the late B.C. ara), who were not only regal but fought for common beleifs.
    Held on high "peditals" in their communies, they began to evolve into more than "warriors" but as symbols of beauty, strength and someone to be worshiped and respected. Hence the shortening of Patrician into Princess and followed in later years as Patty.
    "Did you see that Patty? Daaamn she was hot AND smart! I bet shes a princess in bed"
    #patty#princess#patricia#goddess#worship#warrior#p atrician

Patty
    A sweet, caring person who has an extreme love for animals, family and God. Takes work very seriously, probably an entrepreneur.
    Wow - that woman is such a Patty! I don't know how she does it all.
    #patty#patricia#loves-dogs#animal-lover#giving