Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    So true. Confluence, innit. Is the laughter in the eyes or not? Social lubrication, forming bonds, and/or often avoidance of feeling. Many a tragic tale is told as comedy.

What I can't tell is how culturally determined this is. It seems to exist in most cultures I've seen.
    I think it's deep in the lizard brain, like the uncontrollable laughter on psychadellics it's not funny your lizard brains going into overdrive. Nothing is funny really.

I've been listening to the Fall a lot lately and Mark E Smith is one of the few vocalists I can think of who will break into laughter midline

Laughter is the best medicine. So true.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    trump never laughs. think about it, he never does.
    Yeah, I can't even imagine how his laugh would sound. Whenever something's funny he just smiles and says "that's great" or "terrific" or something.

I've noticed with some people we only have to make eye contact to start laughing. It happens with one of my brothers and maybe a couple of mates, if one of us is talking to someone at a party or whatever and the other catches our eye it just sets us both off.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post: