Thread: Are there any podcasts you listen to?

Default Are there any podcasts you listen to?

I don't know any good ones.

I listen to a bunch. Favourites are Conversations with Tyler - American economist who just has the smartest guests. and the British History Podcast, to fill the gaps in my historical knowledge of the UK (i.e. almost everything). Killa Kela has done some great graf interviews and F24 is good as well for that sort of thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post:

I read a tweet a few years ago which has stuck with me.

"Imagine Pierce Brosnan saying the word 'podcast'."

:A couple of short series:

"The Caliphate" (by Rukmini Callimachi)about the fall of Mosul, ISIS and the recruitment of an ISIS member is a stunning piece of journalism btw.

The first (only so far) season of Bellingcat about the shooting down of MH17 is also amazing. Both give you the thrill of that kind real crime investigation as they stack up the evidence. Bellingcat is very good for a sense of what open source investigation is and what it can do.

And this reminded me of.....

Popular Front - geeky details on modern combat and conflict, normally with very informed field researchers. He's just been in Hong Kong though I've not listened to that one yet.

I also listen to Rune Soup for occult stuff and it's usually excellent though when he talks about politics I tend to want to kick him in the teeth. Occult podcast dude believes that everything is a conspiracy, who'd a thunk it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post:

Listen to them way more than music these days. Theo Von, Joey Diaz, Eddie Pepitone and Marc Maron keep me entertained all week. They're all comedians.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

I've found that as well, they've taken over from music. I think it's got to do with the ease of use of the platforms, and the stream of new content pumped out. Music I have to be more decisive about - think about what I'm going to listen to, get access etc.

A lad a couple of years below me at school coined the word "podcast"

Has anyone here ever coined a word that went into common usage?

I dunno how people listen to podcasts whilst doing something else, I miss half of what's being said if I do that and I cba to sit doing nothing for the sake of listening to one so I just don't listen to them.

a lot of people here listen to podcasts during their daily train commute, when there isn't much else to do and they don't feel like reading.