View Poll Results: What will be the result of the upcoming GE?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative majority

6 30.00%
  • Conservative minority

4 20.00%
  • Labour majority

0 0%
  • Labour minority

6 30.00%
  • The Lib Dems are a force for evil

2 10.00%
  • Fuck the lot of em, we're going to to hell in a handcart

6 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Election incoming

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    But then they’ve always been such a craven clump of cranks and charlatans, why not?
    I love the alliteration here. Worthy of the heroic verse of our Germanic forebears.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

https://twitter.com/TomJHarper/statu...79348851314688

Tom Harper
    ‏Verified account @TomJHarper

Breaking - 9 Russian businessmen who gave money to the Conservative party are named in a secret intelligence report on the threats posed to UK democracy which was suppressed last week by Downing Street. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times story with @cazjwheeler
    1:29 PM - 9 Nov 2019

So Farage has just announced that the Brexit Party won't contest any seats won by Tories at the last election. Which is very bad news I guess.

Extremely bad. I don't see how anything short of a Labour/SNP/LD pact can hold this off. Which seems vanishingly unlikely.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

There won't be a Lib-Lab pact this GE. Lib Dem's are trying to pull in Tories who want to vote for them but fear a Corbyn govt too much to currently vote for them. Their whole strategy is to lay into him.

This might assuage some of your worries - https://twitter.com/jonworth/status/1193874186885840897

Fuck knows how this stuff will play out though - volitaile, angry electorate, Dec election, party lines disintegrating over Brexit, two big parties and leaders widely disliked....

I don't know how it will play out but I seem to see more Lab vs Lib fighting than I do of either side attacking the Tories which can't be right.

I agree with what that's arguing which is basically that if the Brexit party want to maximise the number of Tory seats at Labour's expense then they would need to design a more sophisticated strategy than the simple one that they have announced. By definition, not fighting in the seats Tories already held cannot help them (the Tories) INCREASE their total in itself though it might prevent the total decreasing.

You would be pissed off if you were one of the prospective candidates for Brexit Party Ltd wouldn't you? You send off your (non-refundable) hundred pounds to Lord Nigel and then start campaigning, I dunno, book time off work, employ some people to run your office, print some flyers and so on... and then you're unilaterally stood down to help the Tories get their "this is not Brexit" Brexit over the line. What does happen to the hundred, presumably Farage can't just trouser it but they're not giving it back either so.

I know, it's bizarre in a public figure normally so renowned for his honesty and integrity.

A Lib Dem candidate just said they'd be standing aside in Canterbury in an effort to prevent the Tories from winning and the party have decided to run another candidate in his place within a matter of hours.

https://twitter.com/paulbranditv/sta...996672512?s=21

NEW: Serious unrest in Canterbury Lib Dems over national party’s decision to find a candidate to replace @ThatTimWalker, who stood down to give @RosieDuffield1 a chance to unite the Remain vote and beat the Conservatives.

A senior Lib Dem source in the local party tells me members had a vote amongst themselves, deciding not to field a candidate, but this was overruled by HQ. So @ThatTimWalker was selected, subsequently receiving “animosity and vitriol” from local members.

Deadline to select a new candidate is Thursday. There are four local Lib Dems who are approved candidates but not a single one is willing to stand. So the national party would have to impose a candidate on Canterbury from outside. I’m told “they wouldn’t get a warm welcome”.

Understand most members simply won’t go out and campaign for a new Lib Dem candidate. So who on earth would want to stand?! It’s possible there’s no candidate, or just paper one. “Canterbury does not want the Tories to get in again”, says my source, “so we’re backing Rosie”.

All of this points to the mess the Remain alliance is in. In failing to team up with Labour Remainers, local campaigners from Lib Dems and probably from Greens/Plaid feel torn.

I know, it's bizarre in a public figure normally so renowned for his honesty and integrity
    Some people actually think that though... or they did until yesterday.
    Last edited by IdleRich; 12-11-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Yeah that particular LD move hasn't gone down too well... they're saying it was the candidate's decision not party policy which is probably true but... fucking hell, it feels as though there is a kind of evil alliance that is getting ready to roll over the whole country and the only people who can possibly stop it are too busy arguing with each other to actually get their act together. I honestly think that Labour consider LDs and Greens as basically just as bad as Tories and the LDs have pretty much said that they view Labour and Tories as equal enemies. It's this kind of shit that is gonna mean that the Leave parties win the fucking election even though most people apparently want to remain. It's awful and depressing and incredibly frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    I honestly think that Labour consider LDs and Greens as basically just as bad as Tories
    The LibDems are Tories. Tory remainers, but still Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by subvert47 View Post
    The LibDems are Tories. Tory remainers, but still Tories.
    Define the term Tory.