What will be the result of the upcoming GE?

• Conservative majority

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Conservative minority

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Labour majority

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour minority

• The Lib Dems are a force for evil

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Fuck the lot of em, we're going to to hell in a handcart

• Total voters

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think the key argument is that if you get rid of 'em now, it'll fuck funding which is already super-precarious. To bring in alternative funding will require an act of Parliament which is going to be tough for a minority govt to pull off. Thread here:

i guess maybe the horse has bolted now that there are simply so many universities educating so many students. But I think allowing this huge proliferation of degree-awarding academies in the first place was a massive mistake, both for the obvious reason that it's so damn expensive, the fact that it's directly exacerbated the devaluation of apprenticeships and vocational qualification in general, and that by placing such huge emphasis on academic achievement, has also indirectly led to the devaluation of the very concept of a degree, because now so many people have them, and you need a degree as a minimum (with a master's or even a PhD if you want to actually stand out) for jobs that are no more complicated and no better paid than jobs that people got with A-levels and/or GNVQs a generation ago, or which they might have joined straight from school on an apprenticeship scheme a generation before that. (Obviously YMMV depending on your field, but it's broadly true in the areas I've worked in.)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The Lib Dem position on stuff like privacy/mass surveillance and the war on drugs is markedly different from the Tory position.

Yeah, they're more socially liberal (not that the Tories have set that bar very high!) but it's the enabling of austerity policies that really sets people against them. Not unreasonably, of course.

version

New evidence that LibDems sold voter data for £100,000 held back till after election

New evidence which confirms that the Liberal Democrats sold voter data to the Remain campaign in 2016 for almost £100,000 is being withheld from public scrutiny by the UK's information watchdog, openDemocracy has learned.

A report in 2018 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) said it had obtained evidence that the Liberal Democrats sold the personal data of its party members to the Britain Stronger In Europe (BSiE) campaign ahead of the Brexit referendum. The party insisted it only shared publicly available electoral register data that had been “enhanced”, but not private membership information.

openDemocracy has seen the evidence held by the ICO for over a year. In official Liberal Democrat documents that have been examined and validated by the data watchdog, the 2016 income of the party specifically identifies both “data services sale” and “data services fees” worth almost £100,000 which occurred during the lengthy EU referendum campaign.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/da...ata-for-100000-held-back-till-after-election/

DannyL

Wild Horses
IDK about Thurston but Roger Waters is a Syria conspiracy theorist who had used his huge platform to amplify Russian propaganda defaming the White Helmets. Simple minded racist boomer cunt. Fuck him.

His endorsement should be a critical death knell.

This really is the worst election ever. Cunts, cunts everywhere. They are all so fucking dreadful.

sadmanbarty

Corbyn’s doing so fucking appallingly. He had an open goal with that trust question and he fucked it!

It’s like he hasn’t been practicing. Unprepared for lines of attack. No catchy slogans. Fucking nothing.

Staggering.

luka

I don't have a telly do you mind doing a running commentary throughout? Would appreciate.