Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corpsey's Ascetic November.

I'll read the first twenty pages today. See how I get on. Not really my sort of thing but why not. It's going to be a long winter.

So just to confirm, I am allowed to take acid?

I'm excited for this new productive phase in my life.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Lately I've been handing over decisions to other people, having read that it's a good idea in a psychology book.

I think the idea is sound. I certainly seem incapable of making my own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    So just to confirm, I am allowed to take acid?

I'm excited for this new productive phase in my life.
    You're allowed to

The thing about acid is that it is like that thing your mum
    Says about be careful the wind will change and you'll get stuck like that.

The psychedelics put you on a new reality track. If you go in as a degenerate it will often cement that degeneracy. If you go in pure and strong it will cement that and you will level up.

This is why it's important to give it respect and not treat it like a party drug. This is why I have a rule of not drinking or smoking during the comedown. Go in clean come out clean. It seems superstitious to most people but they have very little experience so it's best to ignore the m

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Tea do you want to join us or are you too sunk in the mire of self abuse?
    I get tons of shagging, thank you very much.

Um. Or I did, until recently. The baby is basically going to arrive any day now.

I'm anticipating being far too exhausted to have much of a libidio at all for the coming few months.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

If you can take acid after a significant amount of time off the weed and booze it will be a completely different experience. You will be initiated into the Great Mysteries. I can personally garuntee this

I'm really looking forward to joining you on this journey Corpsey.
    the wanking?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

How you getting on Jack? Are you sticking with it?
    I'm getting into this Proust its well suited to a wet and windy winter night.

I'll probably have a drink at Christmas to cope with being trapped indoors with family

I'll probably have a drink at Christmas to cope with being trapped indoors with family
    Drunkenness at Christmas is compulsory for anyone who isn't Plymouth Brethren or Salafist.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I started drinking one Christmas whilst suffering from flu and I think it's about as close as I've gotten to feeling like the undead.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

How you getting on Jack? Are you sticking with it?
    I'm getting into this Proust its well suited to a wet and windy winter night.
    I found it tough to start with but I'm beginning to sink into it. I liked what he said about how he so enjoyed being kissed goodnight that he'd hope for the moment to be delayed for as long as possible.

The sentences (moncrieff translation) are so long, you can't read it without concentrating, and it becomes surreal, how much he packs in, e.g.

"when I must needs take most pains to receive it with due formality, I had to snatch it, to seize it instantly and in public, without even having the time or being properly free to apply to what I was doing the punctiliousness which madmen use who compel themselves to exclude all other thoughts from their minds while they are shutting a door, so that when the sickness of uncertainty sweeps over them again they can triumphantly face and overcome it with the recollection of the precise moment in which the door was shut."

As with Henry James

The length of the sentences, clause upon clause stuffed in

Gives you the impression of a mind that never stops thinking, never stops refining

As does the jumping around in time

I have a more modern translation