Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Churches.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

thread splice

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    You've hit on another fascinating aspect, that secular enlightenment Freemason magic, knowledge of mathematics and engineering and materials is hidden in them. The church contains it's antagonist. Very dialectical in this sense. The Freemasons claim Wren as one of their own.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

I suppose that churches never were able to monopolise music the way that they dominated other forms of creative expression - the visual arts for instance

Proust has hit upon something I've mentioned before, not to say he necessarily plagiarised me, but that the steeple is two hands met in prayer.

This is a symbol of duality and unity, the two forces equal and balanced in energised opposition. /\ like so.
    Again a Masonic, engineering principle as well as a spiritual cosmic principle.
    An inverted V. The voodoo gang from Predator 2.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

There's a Steven Seagal film where he goes up against a Jamaican gang and that one was sampled in a bunch of jungle tunes too.

What's special about the voodoo gang in predator two is how they don't sound even remotely Jamacian.

I love the bit where they pull up in the zebra print car with fairy lights in it and an actual cloud of weed smoke. It's like some pisstake from GTA or something.

The lighting and the colours there are very interesting. A lot like ghostbusters I reckon. Some kind of 80s pastiche of noir? Extremely theatrical not naturalistic.

I saw that film in this afro-fascist place of worship: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_Impero

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sufi For This Useful Post:

Sufi is one of those people who have had an interesting life. To me those people feel like a completely alien species. It's an experience so far removed from my own. They make me feel a bit threatened, defensive, insecure.

probably churches weren't always like dour and dutiful, i suppose back in the day people must have loved it, came from miles around to catch the latest doctrines
    that all changed in the recent times - pact century or two, before that it must have been like visiting disneyland, or the most epic dj set

but all in slow motion - a visiting superstar preacher every decade or 2, new doctrines every couple of centuries and then it takes a month or two for the news to reach from avignon or constantinople anyway

Ever since I went to Winchester I've been fascinated by the spread of Christianity. A time when you could just wAnder off to a completely foreign country and convert it singlehandedly.

Sufi is one of those people who have had an interesting life. To me those people feel like a completely alien species. It's an experience so far removed from my own. They make me feel a bit threatened, defensive, insecure.
    i just was lucky enough to travel about when i was less tied down, not so much for the last few years though. mind you i think travel is like lsd in that it can fix those pre-existing tendencies and prejudices, did for me i reckon

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sufi For This Useful Post: