Benny Bunter

From the cheapo nasty midi horn thread

Hated this at first but it won me over eventually, mainly cos of that pathetic sounding but catchy little horn bit. On the song's wiki page it's described as "brassy horn bleats" which is a pretty good description I reckon - bleating.

The bleating midi horn punctuates Bieber's own pathetic, grovelling but ultimately insincere ("I'll take every single piece of the blame if you want me to/but you know that there is no innocent one in this game for two") apology. It's just perfect

Benny Bunter

+

Where Are U Now
Call Me Maybe
Thank U, Next
Hold On, We're Going Home (if that's pop?)

It's not really dissensus' remit this is it? (More Ilx's thing) but we usually do quite well when we touch on this stuff -Luka's Katy Perry thread was a good one, and you seem to have a good feel for this stuff. I reckon if we get @boxedjoy involved we could have a thread.

forclosure

From the cheapo nasty midi horn thread
i mean "Sorry" is basically a dancehall tune and it had the benefit of coming out in that brief window of time where because he was getting arrested for dumb shit and hanging out with Lil Twist that alot of people were like "actually Justin Beiber's awesome"

I've never cared about the breh but the fact he sounds so clueless is why its one of his best songs

boxedjoy

I was working at an event a few weeks ago, a party for LGBT+ immigrants and asylum seekers, and they had a DJ hired who was playing amapiano and Afrobeats the whole time. Except when he played the Dua Lipa version of "Cold Heart" twice in a row, and later Bieber's "Sorry" but pitched up from 100bpm to 120bpm, which sounded amazing tbh. Since then I've been playing "Sorry" around the house but fast enough to make it sound like uk funky.

forclosure

I was working at an event a few weeks ago, a party for LGBT+ immigrants and asylum seekers, and they had a DJ hired who was playing amapiano and Afrobeats the whole time. Except when he played the Dua Lipa version of "Cold Heart" twice in a row, and later Bieber's "Sorry" but pitched up from 100bpm to 120bpm, which sounded amazing tbh. Since then I've been playing "Sorry" around the house but fast enough to make it sound like uk funky.
what party was this?

also yeah another classic case of a song changed just enough to make it sound like something new

boxedjoy

it wasn't a proper club or anything - it was a local charity, hiring out a venue and putting on a day of food, drinks and a dancefloor space for some people in a space that felt a lot more private and safe for them to enjoy

wektor

interesting how the aesthetics of all the people on this tune started to overlap so much
havent listened to yung lean in more than a few years but honestly what a brilliant fuckin
summer anthem

luka

interesting how the aesthetics of all the people on this tune started to overlap so much
havent listened to yung lean in more than a few years but honestly what a brilliant fuckin
summer anthem
Foreign accents are hilarious