Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best Of Skrillex.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    To me this supports luka's statement about it being too easy to go all the way.

Especially with this sort of hackeneyed ideal of extremity too - industrial grinding, never heard that before!

Course I might be underrating it cos I can't listen to it for more than five seconds cos it's the worst thing I've ever heard in my life.

Beyond pleasure lies pain but also boredom.
    It's actually far more labour intensive than yer regular love song. whether that makes it easy is another debate yes, but don't pretend there is an undiscovered vista of unhackneyed tropes by now in 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

also what's so great about the pitchfork beatniks corpsey? woebot was right the avantyobs have always had it more in favour of them.
    I respect islamists

modernism can't be infinite can it? otherwise it just ends up fetishising any old crap. it too has its limits, which were mostly exhausted by the advent of house/techno and sampling, and dub itself was the end of compositional modernism in a very real sense. the notion of the same riddim or recycled versions would be heresy to true modernists, especially serialists who wanted everything to be totally randomised. Since then it's been recombinations of the old to create the (re-versioned) new.

I respect islamists