Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Business Techno"

Quote Originally Posted by other_life View Post
    no, i know.
    but i mean, this -
    That's office techno.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

i guess it's stuff like this? just horrible

Let's hear it for small business techno, the independently run mom & pop variety. Shed, Black Merlin, Dro Carey/Tuff Sherm, Kassem Mosse, Mix Mup, Hieroglyphic being, etc. etc.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    I sometimes forget how big dance music is. It's easy to slip into a bubble of glancing at Boomkat and whatnot and thinking it's still a somewhat niche concern, but those huge hardstyle raves, the dnb stuff in massive arenas etc are ridiculous.

This is horrific, although it does explain the riddle of drum and bass.

Hmm, which "controversy" do I care less about: business techno or Nina Kravitz's cornrows? Tough call.
    This thread is perfect timing for me cos on Halloween (last Thurs) we went to an enormous fucking venue to dance to some business techno featuring Nina Kraviz. It's like someone said above, I forget how massive dance music is and how BIG these venues are. When we walked in I was absolutely overwhelmed by the size and the volume and the lights etc there were at least a billion people there. In fact all of us were. For like the first half hour all we talked about was how big it was and how we weren't used to going to that sort of thing and how we all prefer small dark clubs and so on.... impressive in a sense but then it wears off. It's all such a commercial enterprise in that you have to buy tokens to buy booze (why? I've only seen that before at underground places trying to get round licensing) and at the end I'm sure there were millions of tokens that people bought but didn't get a chance to use and the difference is an extra profit - especially cos it all shut down and the lights went on at 7am even though it was advertised until 8. I mean i was very ready to go by then but it's sneaky right? They advertise it like that but really they save an hour of paying staff etc and realise no-one there is actually gonna get it together to make any kind of official complaint.

I for one wonder how small "Dance" has become where it - kinda - originated (meaning UK, Germany, not so much the US where it was never big - exception the EDM behemoth). All those super big venues where you could watch youtube vids of the Andy Cs and Ed Rush's of the world (yes, he is still spinning) seem to be located in Eastern Europe, Asia and the likes. I can only speak for Austria and Germany where big festivals are actually struggling to draw numbers comparable with let's say mid 2000s.

But I never liked those things so much anyway. This thing on halloween was enormous by my standards but maybe not as big as those things you seen on youtube where David Guetta plays to the entire country. This was anonymous enough for me anyhow. As long as places holding one to four hundred can get packed out weekly with good line-ups then I'm happy... not sure they can though.

0:58

Now I see that I realise that last week was actually pretty small and intimate. It did feel like a conference centre though... possibly cos it was in a conference centre. Business techno indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    i guess it's stuff like this? just horrible

No offence, but this stuff is way less emberassing than, let's say, Richie Hawtin's minimal techno

Just look up the Drumcode label. They're the textbook example.

basically the replacement of that delightful contradiction in terms (germanic industrial metronomic funk) with turn of the millennium european wagnerian show off nazi anthem trance pomposity. mama snake and the whole Danish crews are in it too. can't wait for it to die and techno to get demented again.

more like this please.
    Last edited by thirdform; 06-11-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    basically the replacement of that delightful contradiction in terms (germanic industrial metronomic funk) with turn of the millennium european wagnerian show off nazi anthem trance pomposity. mama snake and the whole Danish crews are in it too. can't wait for it to die and techno to get demented again.

more like this please.
    You got two out of three of my all time favorites covered right there.

Also not particularly impressed with the current "Copenhagen sound". I bet they'll ditch their ANTIFA roots and do a relaunch as something like 'woke business techno' within 5 years.
    Last edited by chava; 08-11-2019 at 07:24 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chava For This Useful Post: