Do You Get Angry On Dissensus?

luka

When I saw Danny L the other day he confessed to me that very often dissensus sends him into a white hot rage. That surprised me a bit cos he doesn't usually lose his rag with people on here.

Do you get really angry too? I obviously do all the time. I hide it more than I used to though.

mvuent

Void Dweller
lol interesting topic. I feel like you can distinguish genuine IRL anger from more benign internet "anger." I've experienced the latter on here but never close to the former. in other words it's never been anger that I think would carry over to a "real" interaction: I might occasionally disagree with someone but it's not like I'd bum rush them if I saw them on the street.

I'll be in the UK for a while in a few months, so I certainly hope that very last part is reciprocated.

Last edited:

luka

Corpsey is another one who's told me he gets incandescent with rage on here.

luka

Corpsey said very often it will stop him sleeping at night. What's bringing you to the UK?

mvuent

Void Dweller
study abroad for my last semester of college.

but yes I always suspected that Corpsey was an extremely violent, volatile individual irl. I mean look at the gruesome display of street fighting in his avatar pic.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I used to, like 8-10 years ago

now, not really

I guess more recently I used to get a bit frustrated but not angry, just exasperated. not even that now.

idk man it's a message board, I love some people here but also who cares? aren't we all all too old for that nonsense?

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
the flame wars of yesteryear were much crazier and more extensive too

it's hard to muster such a level of feeling now

that was back when people had yet to realize that arguing on the Internet is a completely pointless mudslinging fest that no one wins and everyone loses

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
never. i think someone once actually apologized to me for saying something bad and i didn't even know what it was about.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Corpsey is another one who's told me he gets incandescent with rage on here.

This is actually true

Sometimes I think about certain people on here for ten or twenty minutes or longer - not necessarily angrily, but pondering them, pondering their relationship with me, pondering me in light of this

craner

Beast of Burden
I never really got angry on Dissensus, but I used to be the object of plenty of ire. I remember going a bit far on the David Bowie thread, and really pissing some people off. You know, every one has their limits.

DannyL

Wild Horses
When I saw Danny L the other day he confessed to me that very often dissensus sends him into a white hot rage. That surprised me a bit cos he doesn't usually lose his rag with people on here.

Do you get really angry too? I obviously do all the time. I hide it more than I used to though.

Did I actually say that? Not saying I didn't but I may have been under the influence. "Very often" is a definite exaggeration on your part. I don't recall getting angry here for a while. More like kinda fed up, can't be bothered to belabour my points any longer.

Last edited:

luka

Did I actually say that? Not saying I didn't but I may have been under the influence. "Very often" is a definite exaggeration on your part. I don't recall getting angry here for a while. More like kinda fed up, can't be bothered to belabour my points any longer.

You said nothing makes you angrier than being wilfully misrepresented

DannyL

Wild Horses
One thing that genuinely makes me angry is Syria material - 'cos it's horrific and then the conspiracism that follows in it's wake. "Those Syrians gassed themselves"/it was the CIA etc etc. It kinda does double injury to the dead and bereaved. Thankfully Dissensus is largely free of this shit.

It's always cunt white Leftists who do this sort of shit, posting from fucking Williamsburg or whereever. Ugh. "The wanker Left" as a mate once described them.

luka

I never really got angry on Dissensus, but I used to be the object of plenty of ire. I remember going a bit far on the David Bowie thread, and really pissing some people off. You know, every one has their limits.

When I bumped into jenks last week he said this still rankles and he hasn't forgiven you and likely never will.