Sugar is the Devil

version

It's everywhere, incredibly tempting, incredibly moreish, legal, fucks your teeth, mind and body and there's no real social stigma surrounding it. I've eaten like two packets of chocolate biscuits in the last three days and every day I tell myself this is the last time, I'll get back on a normal diet tomorrow, only to end up doing it all over again. I had an easier time cutting out drugs than I have cutting out sugar for a single day. It's maddening.

luka

Little kids are where you can see it in action. Spend the day with them and watch them become slowly intolerable until the point a parent gives them sugar. Then they turn into Angels. Goodness and beauty shines out of them. It's scary.

luka

Cos the sort of people my parents were, specially my mum, I didn't ever get a taste for it. It was raisins and carob bars. Very earnest. I was first born too. No sweeties. Real blessing that. I still don't have any fillings and I'm not a fat fuck. Damaged in all sorts of other ways but the sugar never got me.

luka

My metabolism started to slow at some point in my 30s but also that's when I really started to drink for the first time. Lot of sugar in booze I think?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i had some chocolate baklava last week and it was extremely delicious, gonna get some more tomorrow.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
one thing i never understood is people drinking bottles of cola? i find it hard already to just drink a glass of cola. only really drink it when i'm nauseous, it has a medicinal taste if you ask me.

version

I only really drink booze and water: water at home, booze when I go out. Now and then I might have some orange juice or something, but very rarely.

luka

Then they tell you all our fruit and veg have been specially bred to be as sugary as candy floss so there's really no escape

version

And the diet and sugar free products are using stuff like aspartame which is also meant to be bad for you.

luka

Yeah weird isn't it. I was fed that as a kid. A lot of us were in the olden days but it seems weird now. Flora. Vitalite. Strange plastic spread.