Your social self

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
depends with whom i am and where i am. i work in an office 8 hours a day, i don't think anyone can be their selves in such an environment, one of the reasons that makes it hell.

sadmanbarty

i'm a social chameleon in all the ways that make people think i'm disingenuous and honest in all the ways that alienate and upset people.

Leo

I'd imagine we all have a facade, to varying degrees. seems to diminish as you get older, you either settle in with like types (and thus don't need to project) or just no longer give a shit how you're perceived. we all care how we come off, but it's possible to care very little.

sadmanbarty

That patty cakes quote is it really. It’s always a game for me. I don’t have real friendships. I’m incredibly condescending to everyone else and this feel I’m too smart to engage with them honestly.

luka

If you don't want to get treated like a freak you have to hide and if you're going to have to hide might as well make it fun

version

I can veer from being incredibly boisterous to incredibly mellow. I'm at my worst/most boisterous with my brother. One time on his birthday we ended up shooting each other in the face with a fire extinguisher, I stapled a beer can to his head and he nearly broke my leg with a golf club.

sadmanbarty

My teen years were spent with people from such a different class background from me that manufacturing faux-common ground was a necessity.

I’m not very good with middle class people now though. I have these very fractious working relationship with them. One accused me of sexually assaulting a disabled person last week.

luka

I can veer from being incredibly boisterous to incredibly mellow. I'm at my worst/most boisterous with my brother. One time on his birthday we ended up shooting each other in the face with a fire extinguisher, I stapled a beer can to his head and he nearly broke my leg with a golf club.

I have never partaken in these kind of shenanigans

luka

I do actually really enjoy conversation. If someone gets it it's great. You find yourself articulating formulating expressing things you've never put into words before.