black ops (appreciation-type post)

john eden

male pale and stale
If you watch the interview there is a lot of chat about being their first with dark tunes before grime or eski.

I mean, they are clearly condemned to being the runners up but I still think it's an interesting bit of the history.

john eden

male pale and stale
There is an amusing bit in the interview where he talks about taking a box of "Hoe's Don't Mean Shit To Me" twelves into a record shop and finding an unimpressed woman behind the counter.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
two options there

1. distinguish between 'hoes' and 'respectable women'
2. say 'Actually, a hoe is an ancient and versatile agricultural and horticultural hand tool used to shape soil, remove weeds, clear soil, and harvest root crops.'

luka

If you watch the interview there is a lot of chat about being their first with dark tunes before grime or eski.

I mean, they are clearly condemned to being the runners up but I still think it's an interesting bit of the history.

total bullshit though. not even close. i do like the tunes but no way did they do dark first.

john eden

male pale and stale
two options there

1. distinguish between 'hoes' and 'respectable women'
2. say 'Actually, a hoe is an ancient and versatile agricultural and horticultural hand tool used to shape soil, remove weeds, clear soil, and harvest root crops.'

The interviewer eventually went for option 1 - "Hoes and Queens". Which is still a misogynist trope of course.

sadmanbarty

listen to their MCs. its funny cos there is definietly something in the water there. its the same dumb spite and stupidity you see today in 1011. no subtlety. something in the water there.

of course the mcs are garbage. i do love the instrumentals though

listen to their MCs. its funny cos there is definietly something in the water there. its the same dumb spite and stupidity you see today in 1011. no subtlety. something in the water there.

I raise you SLK, Are You Really from the ends, and Musical Mob.