Giallo 'allo?

Immryr

the house by the cemetary was on tv the other night. absolutely amazing, definitely one of the best fulci films i've seen.

craner

Beast of Burden
Black Belly of the Tarantula is pretty good.

Superb Morricone score, Barbara Bouchet, J&B by the bucket...

s1600-

Last edited:

rubberdingyrapids

not that its outright bad, but that new berberian sound studio film about a soundman working on a giallo film is colossally overrated. plus i keep calling it berberian sound system in my head.

viktorvaughn

I too keep calling it that in error! I'm going to see it on Wed.

In other news

Sunday 16 September | 3.00pm | £10
Filmbar70 presents Day Of The Giallo: The History Of The Cinema Of Cruelty
Roxy Bar & Screen | 128-132 Borough High Street, London | SE1 1LB
More info...

Outlandish titles, outrageous outfits, atonal lounge music and a surfeit of skin abound in an all day event that explodes the history of Italy’s most seductive cinematic export – the giallo. These kinky murder mysteries swept the continent in the early ‘70s, feeding the audience’s accelerating thirst for sex and violence with an unrestrained diet of sensuality, style and death.

From the sadistic overdrive of ‘BLOOD & BLACK LACE’ (’64), to the perceptual puzzle of ‘THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE’ (’70) and finally to the salacious sexploitation of ‘STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER’ (’75), we cast a voyeuristic eye over a ten year period that spans the ‘boom and bust’ of Italian genre cinema and attempt to untangle the strands of this labyrinthine filone.

Expect a wealth of specially created Filmbar70 material and partake in the twisted giallo sounds of El Diabolik and his World of Psychotronic Soundtracks…

follow the booking link above for more info on the films...
Website | Facebook

IdleRich

IdleRich
Sounds good. There's a load of this stuff going on at the moment, I think it's related to some kind of Scala film season or something but as a whole it's been quite badly promoted, I've only gradually become aware of it because of the various individual events.
Gonna check the Berberian thing tonight. Hope it's good.

luka

this is where craner got into giallo. owes it all to that weird aussie that used to post here