luka

Look at what you are trying to do in that short piece of prose look at the thought processes and so on

luka

Not only am I not in a salty mood I'm actually terrified of conflict or bad feelings tonight, I very much want to avoid it as I'm feeling sensitive

version

Ridiculous we're still going round and round on drugs when prohibition's repeatedly proven ineffective, even the US have legalised weed in certain states and Portugal are apparently doing quite well with their approach.

luka

It's an important political and historical document precisely because it's not thought out, its how people think these days

luka

The thing is, that sort of hypocrisy is exactly what traditional conservatives really hate. So it will play badly with that demographic. But I wonder if these days the core Tory base is more like the MAGA lot in America, who aren't really conservatives in the conventional sense, but simply reactionaries who don't have much of an ideology and think mainly in culture-war terms, so that Bozza has obviously done gak (and probably still does) which makes him a total lad and an absolute ledge, while a proposed law to take passports away from people convicted of drug offences is also fine, as it's the sort of thing that upsets do-gooders and Guardian readers.
Positing, first of all, an imaginary group of people called traditional conservatives, assigning them a quality (hating hypocrisy) and on the basis of that assuming a response to the, to whatever it is we are talking about (play badly)
Moving on to field a notion
Perhaps the core Tory base (who are they? What is that?) is more like the maga lot in America (who are they? What are they made of?) which is then eluded into lad ledge talk representing yet another imaginary demographic before rounding it off with guardian readers, yet another imaginary group phantom.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OK, whatever, but you're being incredibly weird about a post that was neither very long, nor very interesting, nor even expressing a particularly novel idea.

luka

It's like trying to imagine what would happen when you put a hyperdimensional object in the room how everyone sees it and interprets it differently

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Positing, first of all, an imaginary group of people called traditional conservatives, assigning them a quality (hating hypocrisy) and on the basis of that assuming a response to the, to whatever it is we are talking about (play badly)
Moving on to field a notion
Perhaps the core Tory base (who are they? What is that?) is more like the maga lot in America (who are they? What are they made of?) which is then eluded into lad ledge talk representing yet another imaginary demographic before rounding it off with guardian readers, yet another imaginary group phantom.
None of those groups are imaginary, you weirdo. There are people who wear MAGA hats and MAGA shirts, are there not? There are lads who do coke, are there not? And people who read the Guardian?

The do-gooders and Guardian-readers aren't even intended to refer to concrete people, but a stereotypical adversary in the minds of the sort of broadly right-wing, and presumably pro-Boris, people I was talking about.

luka

I'm not trying to have an argument I dunno why you're harassing me like this