bassline records - rare grooves

mms

sometimes
anyone get this d and b comp?
some good tunes on it - breakage, equinox, paradox and digital etc.
its deeper and well crafted forward thinking etc.
apparently this kinda drum and bass sells fuck all though, as all the kids want man-sack metal riffing trance bidnizz. What a terrible shame. it seems even the producers and big label owners like the ram guys, who at their beginnings were the experimental equivalent like it but won't release it for fear no one'll buy it and their bank balances will suffer.
shame.
do you think it will pick up or do you think d and b has reached stale mate ?

soul_pill

It's Bassbin records isn't it?

I like the album, but don't thiink it's particularly forward thinking - just more breaky, deep and 'mature' sounding than other current dnb - would appeal to 30 somethings(?). I prefer the Pendulum/Twisted Individual sound, reminds me of madness & 2Tone for some reason. Also i think that Ram worrying about their bank balance is very forward thinking.

ThinKing

The whole choppage/edits thing seems to have a pretty strong following, lots of committed fans on DOA, and the Technicality all-nighters have been consistently rammed.

I've always liked a bit of the edit-y stuff, it's always been there on labels like Reinforced, Paradox's labels etc. At the moment it just seems like the drumfunk crew are stepping into the limelight a bit more, and their records are getting more play from the DJs.

The whole new jump-up scene with Twisted Individual, Clipz et al has totally switched me off DnB, and has certainly kept me out of the clubs in the last couple yrs.

mms

sometimes
soul_pill said:
It's Bassbin records isn't it?

I like the album, but don't thiink it's particularly forward thinking - just more breaky, deep and 'mature' sounding than other current dnb - would appeal to 30 somethings(?). I prefer the Pendulum/Twisted Individual sound, reminds me of madness & 2Tone for some reason. Also i think that Ram worrying about their bank balance is very forward thinking.

yep bassbin
i think some of it is. it probably appeals to 30 somethings cos they remember breaks, but i'm not 30 till next week so.... yep pendulum is wicked.

whats this about exile releasing a techno record on mosquito?
d and b artists dougn techno innit

ThinKing

Raiden has been doing some bootlegs/remixes of classic techno tunes. Dunno much about techno, but I heard his rub of The Bells by Jeff Mills which was absolutely outstanding.