has hip hop been "aesthetically brutalised"?

luka

Well now you have outsiders like me who do multiple drafts and revisions on sms length comments periphirally related to the subject at hand. Still haven't completely cracked the code as to where this forum fits into the grand scheme of things.

I have a feeling that you guys are either somehow lost cultural oracles seeing things in their absolute true nature, unadulterated by all of society's imposing presuppositions

or that you're just spouting calculated nonsense clouded to uselessness by the perpetual echoes of your own ideals and thoughts of grandeur.

But give me some time to soak up your knowledge and indoctrinate myself into your idiosyncracies, and perhaps I can be a valuable addition.

dont detatch! more earnest the better

droid

Dont listen to him. He's a psychic vampire feeding off the enthusiasm of new Dissensus members. Barty has aged 30 years since he registered.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
definitely enjoy that caustic, laconic luka rundown of the rap canon ca. 2000ish. pretty spot-on too.

did you know Prodigy from Mobb Deep's last album before he died was called The Hegelian Dialectic? only recently found that out

have zero desire to listen to it, but still, one of those random facts that enrich life

Last edited:

luka

he was using it in the conspiracy theorist sense of problem reaction solution. illuminati creates a problem eg mass indiscriminate shootings public reacts in horror demands a response illuminati take your guns away. no more free americans.

when barty first washed up here he was posting these 5000 word scholarly essays no one could understand about the rhythmic patterns of jungle and how they could be traced back through history through reggae the hidden maroon camps in the blue mountains back across the atlantic to west africa,
that and posting links to the most obscure and unlistenable souncloud rappers imaginable.
now he posts videos to uk drill and bullies people and brags about how many birds hes shagged! he's become a geezer in a few short months! great improvement!

sadmanbarty

droid- grandad, strained relationship with his son luka.

luka- my old man

corpsey- older brother who i love with all my heart, but who i take for granted. luka love's him more than he loves me

crowley- mean cousin from the states

benny- hot older sister who's come back from uni for the summer so that she can give us all a bollocking with her newly acquired feminist theory

craner- cool uncle who lets you get drunk when you're 11. when he drinks he's slightly pervy with with benny and you can't tell if it's a joke or not.

tea- rotund aunt, lives in the country. makes nice cakes, but then says things about 'the blacks' which we all choose to ignore

yaldrin- foreighn exchange student who doesn't say much, but there's always non-english rap emanating from his room. benny fancies him

luka

droid- grandad, strained relationship with his son luka.

luka- my old man

corpsey- older brother who i love with all my heart, but who i take for granted. luka love's him more than he loves me

crowley- mean cousin from the states

benny- hot older sister who's come back from uni for the summer so that she can give us all a bollocking with her newly acquired feminist theory

craner- cool uncle who lets you get drunk when you're 11. when he drinks he's slightly pervy with with benny and you can't tell if it's a joke or not.

tea- rotund aunt, lives in the country. makes nice cakes, but then says things about 'the blacks' which we all choose to ignore

yaldrin- foreighn exchange student who doesn't say much, but there's always non-english rap emanating from his room. benny fancies him

i love you both equally boys.:love: