can u direct me to some good articles

wonsly

Hey I've been reading a lot of the posts here, and really loving a lot of what everyone has been contributing at Dissensus. Thanks!
Just thought I'd ask you informed people… Im kinda after some good articles or features or news pages or even concise blogs that discuss life today. I need some good perspectives on say our current society, maybe insightful, possibly witty and reasonably easily digestible views on the world, hmm maybe social political. Don't have be long.

Just thought someone might have just read an interesting article somewhere and wanted to share it.
think what im really after is something a bit broader, not just war or terror or science or corporate, but someone who's written a nice editorial-essay on their view on everything that is our lives today in society. I know I ask a lot, but I use to find really cool articles to read all the time that had good angles on all this.
Well thanks again, I shall read on.

Anyone read anything that I would like?
I may have not found the perfect thread here, if I've missed it let me know.
;)

mind_philip

saw the light
Subscribe to the New Yorker. Even if you don't like it, it'll take you so long to read it each week that you wont have time to come back here and complain about my recommendation :)

wonsly

Thanks mind_philip

Hey thanks mind_philip for your help but im already a New Yorker reader, but im after stuff a little less news articley, and a little broader. As much as I like the New Yorkers coverage, most of the articles seem quite specific to a singular subject. Im after thought pieces, features.
If you do find one or 2 in there let me know. Many thanks.
:)

dominic

Beast of Burden
for blogs . . . .

k-punk -- who founded dissensus w/ woebot

lots of other non-music blogs that i used to keep tabs on are now defunct -- the most recent to go out of business is charlotte street

but check out . . . .

side effects -- though it's a bit dry and academic
stray reflections -- heavy on the islamo-marxist critique
wood s lot -- provides links to interesting articles elsewhere on the net

and for free academic journals on-line, check out . . . .

contretemps
rhizomes
borderlands
context

Last edited: