Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When the levee breaks

Lightbulb Alex Chilton missing in NOLA ??

pearsall just defends anything doesn't he? any cunt that needs an apologist pearsall rides in to the rescue.
    it's so predictable it becomes funny.

oo-err.

I enjoy dueling with leftists.

devil's advocate for me Luka!

They picked up bread and cokes that were floating in the water. They would have floated away anyhow.
    Meanwhile, the food and other goods being 'looted' would have been immediately put to use and would in no way have been spoiled I suppose...

And I know he's been through it, but is there any excuse for howlers THIS bad

my parent's neighborhood

DEFINATELY looting.

symantics
    from a JOURNALIST?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearsall
    ?You do realize that much of the surrounding area, as well as places like Gulfport and Biloxi, is mostly white, and that they too have been stuck waiting for any kind of help for ages?

Here's an example. Chalmette, Louisiana is a (mostly) white town a couple miles to the east of the New Orleans city limits. The first rescue workers arrived there yesterday, six days after the hurricane.
    yes, but wasn't there a much higher concentration of distressed people in downtown new orleans -- people who were stranded in much more dangerous circumstances b/c of (1) lack of sanitation coupled with large numbers of people in same place = greater risk of disease; (2) less physical security b/c of high concentration of people (plus, large anonymous masses, escalating rage, etc) -- such that factors like these would militate in favor of rescuing the people there first? and, the simplest reason, that that's where the most victims were to be found?

further, new orleans is where all highways lead to, whereas a small town is more likely to be off the beaten path, such that you'd expect a place like chalmette to get a less immediate response

Default Katrina over NOLA

They're calling it the Nolacaust on some boards now. This is how it started

Quote Originally Posted by dominic
    yes, but wasn't there a much higher concentration of distressed people in downtown new orleans -- people who were stranded in much more dangerous circumstances b/c of (1) lack of sanitation coupled with large numbers of people in same place = greater risk of disease; (2) less physical security b/c of high concentration of people (plus, large anonymous masses, escalating rage, etc) -- such that factors like these would militate in favor of rescuing the people there first? and, the simplest reason, that that's where the most victims were to be found?

further, new orleans is where all highways lead to, whereas a small town is more likely to be off the beaten path, such that you'd expect a place like chalmette to get a less immediate response
    Sure, sure, of course. The point of the post of mine that you quoted was that the received wisdom on the Left seems to have now congealed around the idea that "the governmental response was so crappy because the people left behind in New Orleans were almost all black," a premise that is instantly falsifiable by looking at the fact that a whole shitload of whites throughout the region were left waiting for days for any type of outside assistance.