Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Berlin - whither should I go?

Quote Originally Posted by viktorvaughn View Post
    I ended up going to Watergate after being turned away from Berghain and had an amazing night. DJs were all from a label called Ariel, I hadn't heard of any of them but they wre pretty good and the soundsystem there was non too shabby. It shut at 10am and then went on to a party on a barge full of fucked-up Germans raving to minimal till 2pm. Incredible clubbing, seems so much less commercial and more permissive than London.
    Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Was planning to go to Watergate while i was there, but never happened

Turned away from Berghain? Loads of people have said that, but it's never happened to me yet and I've never seen it happen to anyone else either....maybe the chances increase the later it gets, cos I've always got there fairly early?

Quote Originally Posted by straight View Post
    id hazard a guess that it was areal who were playing, was it basteroid or ada or someone? all pretty sick.
    It was an Areal showcase I guess?
    Yeah they both played and a duo of guys maybe called the something brothers or twins...
    The first guy one was the best but I can't remember his name...

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Was planning to go to Watergate while i was there, but never happened

Turned away from Berghain? Loads of people have said that, but it's never happened to me yet and I've never seen it happen to anyone else either....maybe the chances increase the later it gets, cos I've always got there fairly early?
    We got there about 3ish. Don't know if it was cos we were tourists or what but it didn't matter in the end. Well up for going on next trip though!

3ish is one of the more likely times to get rejected at Berghain, from what I gather. if you go at 7-8ish (which is when it lifts off anyway) in a small group (of like, 2) then you shouldn't have a problem

going in early april to play at freakcamp with ramadanman.. nervous now - I quite like sleeping

going for easter, does anyone know if shops and stuff will be open around that weekend or is everything shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by UFO over easy View Post
    going in early april to play at freakcamp with ramadanman.. nervous now - I quite like sleeping
    nice! z-man come support!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    going for easter, does anyone know if shops and stuff will be open around that weekend or is everything shut down?
    will check but they like to close shop at every opportunity... i nearly starved during a particular long weekend once and was saved by Doner Kebabs

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    nice! z-man come support!

will check but they like to close shop at every opportunity... i nearly starved during a particular long weekend once and was saved by Doner Kebabs
    got to love the doner, super angebot! 1,50 euros

I just hope I can get a little record shopping done.

and autechre is playing at BEAR-Ghain this sunday if anyone into that sort of thing...

to me sounds duller than a... really really dull thing.

Default record shops?

i'm off to berlin next w/e anyone recommend any record shops, the stranger the better.....it's been so long since i went last.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    got to love the doner, super angebot! 1,50 euros

I just hope I can get a little record shopping done.
    Lol, if you're after the Bab you can't do better than this place in Ostbahnhof (yes, weirdly, there is good food to be bought in the station). Open 24 hours, the doner is seriously decent and they also do beer. Can't remember the name unfortunately but it's pretty obvious which one it is once you get there. You can also get a Turkish pizza with a load of doner meat and (actually nice) salad in it. I always seem to end up eating there twice a day when I go to Berlin...

go to Mauerpark flea market in P'berg on a sunday morning if you're not still in a club somewhere. There's shitloads of older stuff, including a few stalls with stacks of kosmiche krautrock classics, represses and originals. Dense is just round the corner from there too, also worth a look, nowt amazing but they have a few bits n pieces. and obviously try Hardwax and Spacehall both in Kreuzberg.... have fun.

Im off to berlin this friday and my itinerary is full of the kind of tourist raving i usually berate others for. I've been before so I know the craic with the big clubs and know my way about (kind of) but i could do with select weird afterclubs to visit between huffing wurzelpeter, can anyone help out?

Oh and how cold is it this time of year?

can't help you m8 i'm entirely disconnected with the club circuit right now... might let you know about some live avant-jazz concerts if you are interested?

pretty cold but not so bad... sweater and warm jacket for walking bout at night. imagine it's similar to britain no?

I really need to go to Berlin next year. Just need the money really.

I see kode 9 is playing the berghain in January