Berlin - whither should I go?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Fantastic city - the friendliest people, the most chilled out atmosphere...am seriously considering moving there for a year sometime soon.

As for the clubs....tried to find WMF for Kano on Friday, but due to having the wrong address (and fading energy), wandered up and down Karl Marx Allee for what seemed like three years.
Better luck on Saturday - off to Berghain, which is a beautiful space/venue...DJs were pretty good, if not exceptional, but had a fab night all around due to the atmosphere. Ended up waking up at a bus stop at 9am, and eventually found my way back to my hotel by midday, which is always the mark of a good night out...
Last night went to a club named Geburtstag (?), where they were spinning reggae and dancehall, with bottles of beer for one euro apiece until midnight. How can you go wrong?

I'm back there later in the year for definite...

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Too bad you missed Kano & Co, they MERCKED IT! Those guys can seriously rap their asses off. I'd say Ghetto and Demon gave Kane a run for his money as well, all 3 gave very strong performances. And yes, the night you were at was probably Callaloo club with Barney Millah, one of my favorite berlin dancehall selectors, he plays quite a nice range of stuff usually including a little soca section. That party is nice, nice vibes. The YAAM space is also worth checking in warm weather, a big complex with food vendors, basketball court, artificial beach and a stage and soundsystem playing reggae. Nice daytime family kinda place, not sure how much longer they'll go this year though.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Re-upping this, for anyone with fresh ideas of what places to check out in Berlin - think I'm set for clubs, so any recs about cool bars, spaces, shops etc would be gratefully received!

zhao

there are no accidents
hey yo let me know what you want and i can try to have it for you when you arrive :) the very strong weed is in the pocket - Gambia Boy is back from vacation. as for anything else i can ask.

Jori Hulkonnen's Finnish Acid Sympthony is performing at Weekend club thursday night. don't know if you are arriving yet but I'll be there.

i've changed the starting time on the NGOMA from from 10PM to 11PM...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
hey yo let me know what you want and i can try to have it for you when you arrive :) the very strong weed is in the pocket - Gambia Boy is back from vacation. as for anything else i can ask.

Jori Hulkonnen's Finnish Acid Sympthony is performing at Weekend club thursday night. don't know if you are arriving yet but I'll be there.

i've changed the starting time on the NGOMA from from 10PM to 11PM...

Hey dude,

Finnish Acid Symphony? That's a new one on me! I arrive late Thursday night, but does sound tempting...

Ngoma start change noted!

have PM-ed you about the other stuff...

swears

preppy-kei
If I get my bank charges back, I'll be going this summer with a coupla mates. Not holding my breath, though!

viktorvaughn

I ended up going to Watergate after being turned away from Berghain and had an amazing night. DJs were all from a label called Ariel, I hadn't heard of any of them but they wre pretty good and the soundsystem there was non too shabby. It shut at 10am and then went on to a party on a barge full of fucked-up Germans raving to minimal till 2pm. Incredible clubbing, seems so much less commercial and more permissive than London.

straight

wings cru
id hazard a guess that it was areal who were playing, was it basteroid or ada or someone? all pretty sick.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I ended up going to Watergate after being turned away from Berghain and had an amazing night. DJs were all from a label called Ariel, I hadn't heard of any of them but they wre pretty good and the soundsystem there was non too shabby. It shut at 10am and then went on to a party on a barge full of fucked-up Germans raving to minimal till 2pm. Incredible clubbing, seems so much less commercial and more permissive than London.

Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Was planning to go to Watergate while i was there, but never happened :(

Turned away from Berghain? Loads of people have said that, but it's never happened to me yet and I've never seen it happen to anyone else either....maybe the chances increase the later it gets, cos I've always got there fairly early?

viktorvaughn

id hazard a guess that it was areal who were playing, was it basteroid or ada or someone? all pretty sick.

It was an Areal showcase I guess?
Yeah they both played and a duo of guys maybe called the something brothers or twins...
The first guy one was the best but I can't remember his name...

viktorvaughn

Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Was planning to go to Watergate while i was there, but never happened :(

Turned away from Berghain? Loads of people have said that, but it's never happened to me yet and I've never seen it happen to anyone else either....maybe the chances increase the later it gets, cos I've always got there fairly early?

We got there about 3ish. Don't know if it was cos we were tourists or what but it didn't matter in the end. Well up for going on next trip though!

childrentalking

3ish is one of the more likely times to get rejected at Berghain, from what I gather. if you go at 7-8ish (which is when it lifts off anyway) in a small group (of like, 2) then you shouldn't have a problem

Alfons

Way of the future
going for easter, does anyone know if shops and stuff will be open around that weekend or is everything shut down?

zhao

there are no accidents
going in early april to play at freakcamp with ramadanman.. nervous now - I quite like sleeping

nice! z-man come support!

going for easter, does anyone know if shops and stuff will be open around that weekend or is everything shut down?

will check but they like to close shop at every opportunity... i nearly starved during a particular long weekend once and was saved by Doner Kebabs

Alfons

Way of the future
nice! z-man come support!

will check but they like to close shop at every opportunity... i nearly starved during a particular long weekend once and was saved by Doner Kebabs

got to love the doner, super angebot! 1,50 euros :D

I just hope I can get a little record shopping done.

zhao

there are no accidents
and autechre is playing at BEAR-Ghain this sunday if anyone into that sort of thing...

to me sounds duller than a... really really dull thing.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
record shops?

i'm off to berlin next w/e anyone recommend any record shops, the stranger the better.....it's been so long since i went last.