Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: who is better: paul mccartney or phil collins?

if stelfox is right about everything (hes not although he has a sensible head on his shoulders) kpunk is certainly wrong about everything, including sign o the times regardless of what 'controversial' opinion craner may currently be peddling. even if it just consisted of if i was your girlfriend 12 times over it would be a classic.

Yeah, but it doesn't, does it? It's got that and 'Dorothy Parker' and 'Adore' and they're all brilliant, amazing etc. etc. but then the rest is divided between the mediocre and the turgid, and there is a lot of it. 'The Cross'? Fucking hell. 'Housequake'? No thanks. 'Play in the Sunshine'? Sunny Delight. 'It's gonna be a beautiful night'? Filler. 'I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man'? Ersatz Todd Rundgren. The entirety of Side 2? Tragedy, pastiche, and farce, dolled up with punchy drum machines and pugnancious synthesisers. The opener/title track? Overly portentious, but also banal. If you were to take away 'Girlfriend', 'Dorothy' and 'Adore', the Batman soundtrack is a far superior record.

To quote the song itself, Shut up already, damn.

Also, pertaining to the main subject, McCartney made "Wonderful Xmas Time", Phil Collins has no such Xmas weaponry. Subject resolved.

Phil Collins definitely Phil Collins

Case closed.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

I love this thread. I was talking nonsense about SOTT in 2012, obv.