Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Moss

Default Kate Moss

Crikey she's looking alluring in the new Coco adverts.

There's so many intriguing stories about her private life circulating, almost always wild. Unrepeatable of course!

Wanted to tease a rersponse from k-punk on her. I wonder its whether she's K-ate Moss, but he has a fascination with her. Mark was telling me that, clever girl, she never gives interviews. Never breaks the "illusion", if thats the right way of describing it.

And whats the deal with with her close whispering friendship with Marianne Faithful?

Matt, you won't get a response from Mark on K-8...

... they're brother and sister you know...

... all I'm saying is -- Mark's not the only blogger in the family

... and he's not the only well-known blogger with celeb siblings.

[taps side of nose]
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

simon silverdollar Guest

everyone talks about how unassailably cool kate moss is, don't they? but she went out with lenny kravitz which is surely totally beyond the pale, cool-wise...

I've always found her to be incredibly bland

Default That shimmery allure

Retouch !

I heard the stories too (wife works in J prod Company that has hired the Kate).
    Didn't mind her vocal on Primal Scream's Velvet Morning version ,
    her taste in men ( ie: Lenny , and the guy from Jackass) funny.
    Anyway, she does what she wants ...

Alright you've persuaded me, I'll do a post on her over at k-p...

In the meantime, this is a nice piece on the sublime Kate...

Quote Originally Posted by simon silverdollar
    everyone talks about how unassailably cool kate moss is, don't they? but she went out with lenny kravitz which is surely totally beyond the pale, cool-wise...
    (well I'd say Kravitz has more credibility than Doherty)

thing is that's the essence of her cool, she is untouched by all the grimness and mediocrity around her, she conveys that aura of total untouchability, which is not at all a question of physical inviolability --- she has perfected that gaze which says: even if you have sex with me, you'll never have me ---

meh ... I'm afraid this topic brings out the puritanical streak in me.

yeah she looks rather pretty in that picture but I guess I don't worship "false idols". A pretty librarian with glasses and a peasant dress will turn me on just as much. Gazes schmazes!

the fashion scene is full of air-heads (I have worked in some proximity to it too - albeit in a rather unglamorous way). There are some nice people but by and large...

Kate Moss' goofy boyfirends are a good point and the heroin angle is big turn off.

See I can do remote and unapproachable too

Quote Originally Posted by k-punk
    Alright you've persuaded me, I'll do a post on her over at k-p...
    hooray!

I have the same birthday as her - not year, just day. So I've always liked her (and Sade, for that matter) for the same superficial reason. Whether I have any of her remote untouchability remains to be seen.

Coco's a good perfume, but I like the original model icon for it, Ines de la Fressange!

didn't realise that was her in the ads until this thread (fugging rubbish facial recognition module). Thought it was a boy, actually, like some antony and the johnsons bandwagony junket rip-off ting...

Moss is interesting not because she's beautiful, but because she's perfectly pretty. She's what normal people could almost be, but obviously will never be. Beauty is always the beauty of the exception, perhaps even the exceptional flaw (hmm...where am I going with this...). Moss probably looks lovely in real life, whereas most models/supermodels just look unheimlich and wrong...

Disagree with k-p on the 'even if we rut like dutty dogs, you'll never have me thing' (all very Lost Highway, btw), though. Tis true she's smart not to do interviews and that does add to her (ahem) feminine mystique, but it's her proximity to the everyday that does it for her - she's like your friend's pretty girlfriend who gets drunk and snogs you in the bathroom at a party.

she's lovely, something is up about her - some sort of dorian gray , distant 'far to young to be so cynical ' thing' . my mouth would be too dry to kiss her if she tried to snog me in the toilet like infinite described

Quote Originally Posted by mind_philip
    I've always found her to be incredibly bland
    mostly, i concur with this. mainly because of the mileu around, all that sub-anita pallenberg rockness, and partly cos of the kind of hypernormality that nina describes- there's no actual oddness or otherness about her, she is essentially 'one of us', except more so. which is a little prosaic really...more mystery please

(having said that i do like the posters, and had also assumed it was someone else....heh on a bus stop in creek rd a few weeks ago, eating rice crackers and reading the paper, a small boy turned and said 'coco mademoiselle?' to me, for reasons which i still cannot fathom)

She said to me "I'll suck your dick for one thousand pounds".

I said "Honey I'll let you do that for fifty".