Kate Moss

AshRa

The thing that sticks in my mind from News Of The World is the 'fist sized' pile of cocaine that she got through in one night with Naomi.

FIST SIZED! Yuck.

tryptych

waiting for a time
Don't the police have better things to do withe their time? Jesus...

Police investigate Moss drug claims

Staff and agencies
Wednesday September 21, 2005

Detectives are investigating allegations that the model Kate Moss has taken cocaine, Scotland Yard said today.
Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur ordered the inquiry after a tabloid newspaper published photos last week that appeared to show the 31-year-old taking the drug....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,2763,1574896,00.html

You know that all those Mirror/NOTW journalists were probably blasting through the coke as they wrote those stories. The hipocrisy of it all is stunning.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Yeh, quite, the whole thing is frankly sickening... justice by tabloid... I've got a tip for Ian Bliar... call me a snitch but if Ian the boys were to raid any of the restrooms of the big financial corps in the city he might just find people using cocaine... what do you think?

It's a witch hunt, you can practically smell the smugness coming off those headlines 'Kate Moss's career in ruins'... Those tabloid pighead scum just love fucking up people's lives and being able to take credit for it...

D84

k-punk said:
It's a witch hunt, you can practically smell the smugness coming off those headlines 'Kate Moss's career in ruins'... Those tabloid pighead scum just love fucking up people's lives and being able to take credit for it...

Yeah I have to admit that while I love sneering at fashionista vanity etc the hypocrisy of this "expose" is worse.. It's not as though this hasn't been in the public domain for years.

But hasn't Kate Moss got a book coming out or something..?

Woebot

spiel:

its strange this thread here emerged before the moss-storm, but also appropriate. i was alluding to the salacious rumours i'd heard about kate moss before the story broke elsewhere. its kind of like the barriers were breaking right across the medja. like that scene at the end of les liasons dangereuses when the woman is publicly booed at the opera house.

everyone booing was complicit in the same kind of games, just that presumably there comes a point when the desire to boo (itself a trangression of society's codes) outbalances the wish to keep perpetuating the status quo.

i'm not sure if it has anything to do with behaviour being "acceptable" or not, as in "it is not acceptable for a mother to do cocaine in the morning" more whether its in the interest of the PR assistant or photographer to speak out/present the evidence.

what its all about is the games media the plays within itself. working within the media (pr, the press etc) often within a freelance capacity people engage in a collective act of projection. certain myths, perceptions, reputations are closely guarded. lots of people reading this will know what i mean (and i'm the most useless gossip!) then, however, the whispering grows too loud.

the weird thing is how completely "at sea" the general public seems to be with it all. i mean, how surprised could they really be?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
the actual story isn't that interesting, but the process is- how as soon as a newspaper has hard evidence of a misdemenor (a video) all the others break out stories that are well known within media circles.

just wait for them to get tapes/evidence of **** *******, ****** ****** and ****** **** and see the shit really fly.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
WOEBOT said:
the weird thing is how completely "at sea" the general public seems to be with it all. i mean, how surprised could they really be?

This is the copper-bottomed exemplar of the Big Other effect though.... who DOESN'T know that models use cocaine? Not the models themselves, obv, but not the general public either.. No, it is only the Big Other who doesn't know, and it is for the Big O that the press stage their revelations, and on account of it that Moss is sacked....

tryptych

waiting for a time
I loved the article too, but couldn't stop a sneaky feeling that it was written just so's K-Punk could put up lots of nice pictures of the lovely Ms. Moss. ;)