Kate Moss

Woebot

7855.jpg

Crikey she's looking alluring in the new Coco adverts.

There's so many intriguing stories about her private life circulating, almost always wild. Unrepeatable of course!

Wanted to tease a rersponse from k-punk on her. I wonder its whether she's K-ate Moss, but he has a fascination with her. Mark was telling me that, clever girl, she never gives interviews. Never breaks the "illusion", if thats the right way of describing it.

And whats the deal with with her close whispering friendship with Marianne Faithful?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Matt, you won't get a response from Mark on K-8...

... they're brother and sister you know...

... all I'm saying is -- Mark's not the only blogger in the family ;)

... and he's not the only well-known blogger with celeb siblings.

[taps side of nose]

S

simon silverdollar

everyone talks about how unassailably cool kate moss is, don't they? but she went out with lenny kravitz which is surely totally beyond the pale, cool-wise...

polystyle

That shimmery allure

Retouch !

I heard the stories too (wife works in J prod Company that has hired the Kate).
Didn't mind her vocal on Primal Scream's Velvet Morning version ,
her taste in men ( ie: Lenny , and the guy from Jackass) funny.
Anyway, she does what she wants ...

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
simon silverdollar said:
everyone talks about how unassailably cool kate moss is, don't they? but she went out with lenny kravitz which is surely totally beyond the pale, cool-wise...

(well I'd say Kravitz has more credibility than Doherty)

thing is that's the essence of her cool, she is untouched by all the grimness and mediocrity around her, she conveys that aura of total untouchability, which is not at all a question of physical inviolability --- she has perfected that gaze which says: even if you have sex with me, you'll never have me ---

D84

meh ... I'm afraid this topic brings out the puritanical streak in me.

yeah she looks rather pretty in that picture but I guess I don't worship "false idols". A pretty librarian with glasses and a peasant dress will turn me on just as much. Gazes schmazes!

the fashion scene is full of air-heads (I have worked in some proximity to it too - albeit in a rather unglamorous way). There are some nice people but by and large...

Kate Moss' goofy boyfirends are a good point and the heroin angle is big turn off.

See I can do remote and unapproachable too :cool:

Elan

Blackbird
I have the same birthday as her - not year, just day. So I've always liked her (and Sade, for that matter) for the same superficial reason. Whether I have any of her remote untouchability remains to be seen.

Coco's a good perfume, but I like the original model icon for it, Ines de la Fressange!

didn't realise that was her in the ads until this thread (fugging rubbish facial recognition module). Thought it was a boy, actually, like some antony and the johnsons bandwagony junket rip-off ting...

Moss is interesting not because she's beautiful, but because she's <i>perfectly pretty</i>. She's what normal people could almost be, but obviously will <i>never</i> be. Beauty is always the beauty of the exception, perhaps even the exceptional <i>flaw</i> (hmm...where am I going with this...). Moss probably looks lovely in real life, whereas most models/supermodels just look unheimlich and wrong...

Disagree with k-p on the 'even if we rut like dutty dogs, you'll never have me thing' (all very Lost Highway, btw), though. Tis true she's smart not to do interviews and that does add to her (ahem) feminine mystique, but it's her proximity to the everyday that does it for her - she's like your friend's pretty girlfriend who gets drunk and snogs you in the bathroom at a party.

mms

sometimes
she's lovely, something is up about her - some sort of dorian gray , distant 'far to young to be so cynical ' thing' . my mouth would be too dry to kiss her if she tried to snog me in the toilet like infinite described :)

owen

mind_philip said:
I've always found her to be incredibly bland

mostly, i concur with this. mainly because of the mileu around, all that sub-anita pallenberg rockness, and partly cos of the kind of hypernormality that nina describes- there's no actual oddness or otherness about her, she is essentially 'one of us', except more so. which is a little prosaic really...more mystery please

(having said that i do like the posters, and had also assumed it was someone else....heh on a bus stop in creek rd a few weeks ago, eating rice crackers and reading the paper, a small boy turned and said 'coco mademoiselle?' to me, for reasons which i still cannot fathom)

DJ PIMP

She said to me "I'll suck your dick for one thousand pounds".

I said "Honey I'll let you do that for fifty".

oh, can't we go back to discussions about the relationship between prettiness/beauty/perfection in the wake of a celebrity-obsessed culture and la moss's decision to seduce the press by way of her silence?

john eden

male pale and stale
infinite thought said:
oh, can't we go back to discussions about the relationship between prettiness/beauty/perfection in the wake of a celebrity-obsessed culture and la moss's decision to seduce the press by way of her silence?

It's a really smart move, not giving interviews. It means she doesn't give too much of herself away, seems less accessible, and therefore more "otherworldly" and hence becomes more of a "star" than a "celebrity".

3underscore

john eden said:
It's a really smart move, not giving interviews. It means she doesn't give too much of herself away, seems less accessible, and therefore more "otherworldly" and hence becomes more of a "star" than a "celebrity".

This whole Kate Moss never giving interviews is something new to me, and does give an understanding as to how she manages her appearance. She is clearly a very canny character - merely by presenting herself in the company of certain people she fires rumour as to her character.

Must say that the girl must have a lot of self confidence not to speak out against the press when they rumour-monger, but it does work out ultimately in her favour.

mms

sometimes
john eden said:

it's sort of integral to her job in a sense - afterall she is a model - she's paid to be seen not to talk - so it's an extention of her role which elevates here beyond that of the speaking person .
it's an almost classic move - in the smart sense and in the theatrical sense.