GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

really? it reeeally doesn't sound like him

Shotz - Thunderbolt

wiley been giving out sounds again? any idea when its gonna hit shops or where I can listen to it?

I asked in one of my long posts whether sales were going up in cd's or vinyl cos you said sales were up. any response?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Bit of both. Vinyl slowly. CDs more notably alongside an actual organised release schedule.

It took me a while to find out who made the tune myself, I thought it was a Danny or Target production cos it had that summery vibe to it that I get from Target tunes.

huh?

i respectfully disagree man. terror, DOK, big ed are all great producers, some of the best grime has produced, but they all pretty much work with crappy MCs. i want to like the album, and love the roster, but its just not there. the album is a real total mish mash, and the more interesting element of the AS sound seems to have been compromised with watery R&B or too much halfstep midtempo stuff. im not hearing the 'good songs' youre talking about either. just sounded messy a lot of the time. the only one that really stuck out to me was that funky house one with gemma fox! i dunno about it being mixed well either, the vocals seemed to be recorded like most other mixtapes, not that well. which wouldnt matter that much i suppose if it was just kept raw like say, showerman (i must stop going on about that tune) but it sounds like when you have a mixer and you press that talkover button lol.

I'm sorry to invoke this line of reasoning but you forced me lol...being a musician and producer and heard many many Grime mixtapes and albums...the albums probably the best mixed in the underground so far...itrust me...it seems like we heard two different albums to be honest..granted I didn't hear every track the whole way through but it was clear from the beginning that they've got it right this time

in terms of songs structure that funky house one just ambles on. though well produced...its doesn't go anywhere as the others have noticeable middle 8's, verses, hooks...

I'm convinced you would be happy if the scene just stayed with Music 2000 dubplates with MC Murk sending for Sick Man

also when Aftershock first started you knew what they were about. I've got an old show of when TD first appeared on 1xtra on Richie Vibe Vee's show. he asked him what's the label about - he goes 'basically making garage, hip-hop, R&B all on the grime tempo'...and that's what the album is...its coming out on one of the few stable actual PROPER labels the scene has, with distribution outside of the regular companies the scene uses and has possibility of making a dent...like what more do you want lol?

gumdrops

I'm convinced you would be happy if the scene just stayed with Music 2000 dubplates with MC Murk sending for Sick Man

youre not wrong. i have asked mc murk to send for sickman several times and even got murk to slew sickman over music 2000 dubplates but my mini grime revivalist movement just isnt catching on. i also proposed the album title 'luddite lengman' to murk but he wasnt going for it.

Tactics;79651also when Aftershock first started you knew what they were about. I've got an old show of when TD first appeared on 1xtra on Richie Vibe Vee's show. he asked him what's the label about - he goes 'basically making garage said:
im happy its stable, im happy theyre running the business end right, and im glad terror is trying to build something. doesnt mean i have to like the end product though. and so, theyre trying to build a bad boy/death row type thing for grime - great. but for now, i dont think the songwriting on the more R&B/R&G type stuff is quite strong enough yet, and urban-schmurban stuff in a vaguely uk style isnt my thing either. but then producer-led comps/albums dont tend to be that great to begin with IMO so....

do u work for terror? ;)

Lol

MC Murk just made a terrible decision.

;)

youre not wrong. i have asked mc murk to send for sickman several times and even got murk to slew sickman over music 2000 dubplates but my mini grime revivalist movement just isnt catching on. i also proposed the album title 'luddite lengman' to murk but he wasnt going for it.

im happy its stable, im happy theyre running the business end right, and im glad terror is trying to build something. doesnt mean i have to like the end product though. and so, theyre trying to build a bad boy/death row type thing for grime - great. but for now, i dont think the songwriting on the more R&B/R&G type stuff is quite strong enough yet, and urban-schmurban stuff in a vaguely uk style isnt my thing either. but then producer-led comps/albums dont tend to be that great to begin with IMO so....

do u work for terror? ;)

LOL!

I know ppl that like him more than me lol! but to be serious...its just that there's a lot of us complaining about the scene, viable business, together minds or whatever and there's an album and label that's doing it in front of us and been here since long time. can't they get credit for that? aren't we supposed to be supporting aswell as criticising? do I have to be working for dude to wanna support things? hmmm...I still see this album as a big stepping stone for the scene anyway

Big shout out to the Younger Sick Man

is it true that his team Sick Inna Head Crew are true road man? that's the word anyway...lol

*off to studio*

Last edited:

gumdrops

just got a text from murk. he said he has had a change of heart about the luddite lengman title. we are considering getting JME to do the design with him adopting the same pose as michael j fox on the cover of back to the future. JME says he can do the title in the same font as back to the future too. this is shaping up nicely. im positioning myself as something like the jack white of grime now, were using nothing but old agent x, narrows and musical mob style beats. this will not be on CD tho, strictly limited on 500 copies vinyl only. just like in the good ol days. has anyone done a retro movement this soon after the fact? i think not.

petergunn

plywood violin
just got a text from murk. he said he has had a change of heart about the luddite lengman title. we are considering getting JME to do the design with him adopting the same pose as michael j fox on the cover of back to the future. JME says he can do the title in the same font as back to the future too. this is shaping up nicely. im positioning myself as something like the jack white of grime now, were using nothing but old agent x, narrows and musical mob style beats. this will not be on CD tho, strictly limited on 500 copies vinyl only. just like in the good ol days. has anyone done a retro movement this soon after the fact? i think not.

i'm going by your "studio" today, if i see anything in there other than a Play Station and a 10 year old PC running a bootleg version of Fruity Loops 2, you are SO busted...

outraygeous

youngsta is still making music and he is on myspace somewhere. think he made something with sway recently

jon e cash is moving into the funky house world i think

on the promoting thing aswell, he held a dance in north west london at the end of 06

jon e cash bites the dust!?!?

jon e cash is moving into the funky house world i think

on the promoting thing aswell, he held a dance in north west london at the end of 06

I thought he was sublo till he dies...oh well

after watching this does anyone have any extra info on Tinchy's album? whose working on it? label, distribution etc?