GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

DonRuba

Stocktown man

Fiddy

I think Logans referring to Roll Deep... they haven't been dropped... yet... although the label seem to be after higher single positions. Watch this space I think. And they do have a deal not just some distribution thing going on

Blackdown

nexKeysound
DonRuba said:
Someone over at RWD forum said it's a Chunky B tune called "Sweets". I've never heard before that he ever made a tune by that name, and I can't find any info on it, so I don't know what to think...

bro face it, it might just be some random CDr dub that never sees the light of day on vinyl. there's thousands of them in grime...

Badmarsh

mms said:
why would that be a good move since they are doing rather well with both singles going top 20 and the album selling really well .
i think people have got this twisted. The only people i've met in the industry real are boring men who talk alot of rubbish most of the time and don't like music much

put it this way..this guy just finished producing rolling stones latest single...he aint boring, he loves music and he's done alot of favour's for the grime scene...

Badmarsh

yep...
as skepta says about wizz - charges £600 for a sesshun!!!!
me and deekline were sitting in his studio after 333 getting jme to laydown some lyrics for a new track of theirs...
lol - and since i was the one who introduced david to gee...prior to him taking on roll deep...i find it alarmingly wierd that i may have something to do with all this! and i dont have much patience with grime at all - although have paid alot more attention recently.

outraygeous

feds need to get off black peoples backs
why dont they raid it on a weekend when most people in there are off their faces on coke or pills

gumdrops

kano's beats and bars seems to be out now - as far as grime beats, there's mic check, hes rhyming over the low deep straight flush beat and get set, and two or three others i cant place. the westwood session is probably the best thing on it. the beats he raps on are 80%-90% hip hop.

S

simon silverdollar

who remembers d double in the 'forward' video?!

he was so furiously weird. kind of robot dance moves.

just a bit of grime-reminiscing. that is all.

C

captain easychord

who else if feeling mizz beats "saw it coming"? geez! this girl is on fire imo.

C

captain easychord

gumdrops said:
im not really feeling it to be honest, however, i am really feeling trim and scratch (that beat is fucking fantastic)

that's another big tune for me right now, definitely.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
"Selfridges Oxford Street launches the Christmas 2005 campaign, ‘Wrapped’, on Wednesday 2 November, and rising music star Kano will be kicking this year’s promotion off with an exclusive performance in store.

Kano, one of the UK’s most exciting artists, who was awarded the ‘Best Newcomer’ title at this year’s MOBO Awards, will be performing three tracks from his latest album ‘Home Sweet Home’ in the Lower Ground Floor Atrium at 5.30pm, and will then sign copies of his album for fans in the Ladies Designer Room from 6.30pm. "

gumdrops

davinche's album is coming out next month. i heard some of it and um, its pretty mixed. some really bad attempts at trying to almost improvise on top of the beats that falls flat, a lot of the beats seem to be typical 8 bar stuff (ive never really listened to his instrumentals before so cant comment on whether hes altered them for this or not) but then out of nowhere, he throws in some weird sub-classical motif or something to vary it, but it just sounds totally random and in need of better arrangement/structure. it has some good beats as you might expect, but after a while his signature trick of those big bombastic kick drums gets a little samey. this is the first all instrumental grime album though as far as im aware, so maybe this will convince other producers to do the same. not totally sure just how well grime beats will stand up without an MC though for a whole album (much as i like listening to certain stuff from wiley, wonder, terror danjah etc).

so in conclusion (i think i might need to hear it properly though), this isnt exactly like say, the instrumental parts of timeless or the 2nd disc of talking pages.

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

is this the collection of davinche's paperchase instrumentals (i.e a collection of the 12s he's released over the past year or so), or something else, like an album of all new stuff?

gumdrops

its actually the EPs plus some new tracks. i went back and listened to some of the mp3s of his and he didnt change them. this is just how his beats sound. not used to hearing them without vocals.