GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Snaps

snaps
I agree it is kinda bait when he goes over Hip Hop. Why do the Grime guys do it??
It almost always sounds shit; like bad karaoke. embarrassing almost.
I don't think that it's because they can't flow over it but I think it has to do with the sound. American Hip Hop is successful and rappers know they are worth millions and have all the great stuff that goes with. Their beats have an assured sound, there's no fragmentation or edgiess. But grime Mc's aren't that successful. They live real lives; They struggle, grind, dilly-dally, waste time, struggle some more, get lean, eat, laugh, watch money draining out of their bank accounts and so grind some more. And so they sound fake when they try and pretend to be this assured guy on this assured beat.
Grime is nasty, pissed off and above all hungry.
That is what makes it the best music to listen too at the moment.

I ramble, sorry. Im gonna shut up and take a walk.

Motivation music Vol 1 and 2 is on all those guys myspace's for free download.
And there ain't too many hip hop forays!

benjybars

village elder.
Imagine you gave Wiley the wrong change or something in a shop. I swear he'd take it as a personal rebuke! He'd be like
'Oi Oi Oi London. I swear this yute owes me another 10p.'
The guy is hooked on it.

hahah.. it's true.. he'd probably make a dub about it.. '10p dub'.

petergunn

plywood violin
Imagine you gave Wiley the wrong change or something in a shop. I swear he'd take it as a personal rebuke! He'd be like
'Oi Oi Oi London. I swear this yute owes me another 10p.'

"you can't cheat E3, you can't cheat E3
said you gave me 60, it was only 50p"

Snaps

snaps
'I MAKE MOTIVATION MUUUSIC
I DON'T NEED MOTIVATING STUUUPID'

Chipmunk is a dan. I think he's better than icekid and most of roll deep.
He's got that kinda D Double and scorcher charisma thing.

That Apocolypto freestyle is wicked as well...

He's part of Wiley's Eskibeat collective I think as well. With Little Dee and Maniac.

Black The Ripper is

Anyone heard Black the Ripper and Cookie 'Look Around'? It's on his myspace.
It has some good bars in it. What does it sample?
I really rate Black the Ripper. This movement of him Cookie and Chipmunk is definitely one of the top collectives after BBK and The Movement. Any one else feeling these guys?

sick

that 'look around' beat is by 9th Wonder of Little Brother fame...they must of found it on a cd somewhere

yesterday on rinse, karnage played some of the best beats I've heard in a bout a year and a half...and didn't annouce names or who made them once - SO ANNOYING!

anyone else tune in?

Last edited:

gumdrops

that set from fwd wth footsie etc is pretty great. that beat that comes in around 19 mins (kinda musical mob/2steppy) is just insane.

viktorvaughn

Oh yeah..i had only listened to the Kano version. Guess they aren't too up on grime.

I would like a repress of the original 2x12"s though. I can't imagine who it would be doing it, Logan said he was going to repress some old Eskstrumentals.

petergunn

plywood violin
Oh yeah..i had only listened to the Kano version. Guess they aren't too up on grime.

I would like a repress of the original 2x12"s though. I can't imagine who it would be doing it, Logan said he was going to repress some old Eskstrumentals.

word!

at this point my list of 2003ish grime records i need is pretty small, but those fuckers are on the top of the list...

Stageshow riddim better come out on a similar tip and in time for summer playing!!!!

viktorvaughn

^Definitely! Icerink kinda sums up that whole era of eskibeats for me. And the vocals of it are so raw and incredible. I love the idea of multiple vocalists versioning stuff too. I have 3 records of that 'PumPum Riddim' with 4 vocals on each and i think there was a 4th done - 16 version! Sick.

And yeah 'Stageshow Riddim' is one such beat just crying out for multiple versions.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Though "Eskimo" was bigger and earlier, "IceRink" definitely was a turning point for grime too, as with the versions it so clearly outlined the influence and link with dancehall.

viktorvaughn

Though "Eskimo" was bigger and earlier, "IceRink" definitely was a turning point for grime too, as with the versions it so clearly outlined the influence and link with dancehall.

For sure.

Looks like Boomkat must have unearthed some stuff in a warehouse. They also have Boogieman with the amazing Trim slew on Fire Hydrant of Sniper, Fumin and Cell22 (i think) on the back. Time to invest me thinks!

I always get confused cos didn't Jammer do a Fire Hydrant EP but the original beat was built by Wiley...

bun-u

Trumpet Police
For sure.

Looks like Boomkat must have unearthed some stuff in a warehouse. They also have Boogieman with the amazing Trim slew on Fire Hydrant of Sniper, Fumin and Cell22 (i think) on the back. Time to invest me thinks!

I always get confused cos didn't Jammer do a Fire Hydrant EP but the original beat was built by Wiley...

...you'll be getting yourself a great slice of grime right there

Immryr

wiley and jammer have done a couple of things like that, where they nick each others ideas. the one that springs to mind is a track on (i think) the hard times ep by jammer which is later improved upon by wiley on the cuts n paces ep.