GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

OMGZ JMES DA NEXT APHEX TWIN

:)

Just got the Lew White Graveyard EP (JP017) and it is immense. The tune 'Death 2 Dem' is amazing and would rip up FWD to an unreal degree. It has a massive kicking sublow sound to it. Inspired me to go back to another couple of his EPs i have and they are top notch. Better than quite a bit of Jammer's stuff from that time i rekon.

:)

Just got the Lew White Graveyard EP (JP017) and it is immense. The tune 'Death 2 Dem' is amazing and would rip up FWD to an unreal degree. It has a massive kicking sublow sound to it. Inspired me to go back to another couple of his EPs i have and they are top notch. Better than quite a bit of Jammer's stuff from that time i rekon.

that is such a good ep, i caned it so hard when i first got it - ages ago tho

when JME says - i dont care about your J A C O B what does he mean?

on saturday rinse was firing

slew dem played one of the...scariest sets I've ever heard

no joke

some f***** up beats with just total death bars - I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or hide in the corner.

NO. JOKE.

I think it was Kronik (whose back out on road from pen) and Tempa T

nuts

then Spryo's set with Bruza and Badness (who I've never heard on a set before). tore it up - some mad new Terror Danjah bits, Spyro mixing better than most dj's with no headphones for 90% of the set and someone getting sent for...

who locked in?

viktorvaughn

that is such a good ep, i caned it so hard when i first got it - ages ago tho

when JME says - i dont care about your J A C O B what does he mean?

Yeah it's top notch. I love his dark wonky vibe. Just got it off some guy on ebay who had a couple of older Jah Mek The World EPs on Ebay. The back cat of that label is pretty sick actually, not many duds. And the three Neckle EPs with the vocals on are great, esp. the first one.

no joke

some f***** up beats with just total death bars - I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or hide in the corner.

NO. JOKE.

nuts

then Spryo's set with Bruza and Badness (who I've never heard on a set before). tore it up - some mad new Terror Danjah bits, Spyro mixing better than most dj's with no headphones for 90% of the set and someone getting sent for...

who locked in?

kroniks back out?!?! thats made my day!!
any audio from this?? or anyone know where to get it?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

no joke

NO. JOKE.

nuts

who locked in?

Spyro and Slew Dem have their shows on Saturday????

Fucking hell.

appleblim

anyone know when ghetto 'top 3 selected' is out?

i believe its comin on adamantium

logan, can u help?

such a massive tune...

gumdrops

why doesnt someone just release some mix-CDs like how they used to do streetbeats with slimzee and gods gift or the pay as you go one with wiley, gift and geeneus and slimzee? i think id prefer that to some 'album' mix-cd thing. surprised there havent been more to be honest considering rinsessions was so good. seems like the logical thing for a genre that thrives on the live element.

Immryr

I'm waiting on 2 remixes of it.

It will be ADMNT009

blap blap etc

whats going to be on the vinyl all together? vocal / instrumental + 2 remixes?

oh and thanks for repressing the skepta ep, i finally got round to buying a copy a week or so ago!

mos dan

fact music
why doesnt someone just release some mix-CDs like how they used to do streetbeats with slimzee and gods gift or the pay as you go one with wiley, gift and geeneus and slimzee? i think id prefer that to some 'album' mix-cd thing. surprised there havent been more to be honest considering rinsessions was so good. seems like the logical thing for a genre that thrives on the live element.

i was thinking EXACTLY the same thing just the other day. rinsessions boxset and street beats both get more plays in my house than any individual mix cd.

then i was thinking "why isn't anyone podcasting 'recorded live' sets, especially now ammunition are picking up rinse fm's mp3-ball and fucking off home with it?" and lo and behold, logan announced on monday he's going to start doing something very similar via the kiss site.

gumdrops

podcasting live sets is fine but a purposely recorded set is a bit better for wider consumption as its usually recorded better and would be higher quality and the performance would have to be more or less perfect (and not prone to some shouty idiot coming in and ruining things like tempa t on that recent newham gens set lol). me personally, i dont really listen to vocal tracks cos i think most of them just arent that good. of course theres some that are, but when im listening to grime, 95% of the time its a radio rip.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
"between the boasting and the bitterness, is it any wonder Grime never really took off? "

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm... I think she has a point, though it's made a bit too widely. It's more about why Wiley's career hasn't crossed over. That and making not very interesting LPs while making great 12s in fairly small numbers. Wiley's a huge talent and a great man but he's not beyond criticism.

I love the album-style mix CDs, but I could do with a LOT more Rinsessions-style live CDs.

john eden

male pale and stale
"between the boasting and the bitterness, is it any wonder Grime never really took off? "

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm... I think she has a point, though it's made a bit too widely. It's more about why Wiley's career hasn't crossed over. That and making not very interesting LPs while making great 12s in fairly small numbers. Wiley's a huge talent and a great man but he's not beyond criticism.

There seems to be a great deal "between the boasting and the bitterness". As there is in dancehall and hip hop.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Personally I'd go so far as to say boasting and bitterness were corner stones of any self respecting youth orientated musical genre of the last century.

Although reading the rest of the reviews, Madame does come across as awfully dry to the point of it becoming forced. She certainly lacks enthusiasm for her work given that small sampling of reviews.

gumdrops

to be fair, 50/50 is a boring concept. well done wiley, youre geting paid quite a bit but making a whole song about it is kinda dull at this stage - weve heard it a million times before. its also a bit hollow - he probably makes more money from other things hes released than hes going to from this album. bow e3 is a much better song but that whole thing about 'my area is the worst... you dont wanna come around here... i rep my ends harder than you, etc etc' is kinda predictable too, and well, for someone going on 29, a bit silly. ease up on the territorialism. but i can forgive it just cos the track is so good. as far as wileys career not doing so well, well, thats partly cos although hes not THAT famous (lets be honest), hes had this kinda weight on his shoulders thing for a good few years where he talks like he IS that famous. and he is, in the scene, but it just makes it hard to really get a grip on that sort of self indulgence if youre not into the scene. not sure when he started geting so aware of himself, but i like the friskier, less self conscious way he used to mc, before he got so bogged down in his own self worth and image and elder statesman standing etc.

Last edited: