Page 133 of 761 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 11407

Thread: GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

im not saying everything was perfect in the good ol days - i dont even like all those deja sets with idiot mcs shouting all the time, barely on beat, and reciting rubbish lyrics, but listen to something like that famous 45 min set with slimzee and dizzee and its hard to find a bad beat on there. maybe thats just slimzee (i mean he does have brilliant quality control/taste, to this day) but it does seem like back (im talking 2002/2003) then the quality control was a bit higher. often i hear modern sets and think the beat quality is pretty erratic. for every scars you get some weird crappy thing that sounds like someone sat on the orchestral preset button a bit too long lol. i might just be being selective of course. i remember hearing that skepta set from sept last year and thinking the beats on there were quite brilliant... but that seems like ages ago.

i wish barefiles was up again.
    Last edited by gumdrops; 28-02-2007 at 08:30 PM.

does anyone know what's happening with barefiles? i've been missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sodiumnightlife View Post
    does anyone know what's happening with barefiles? i've been missing it.
    I guess that they are trying to get listener ratings rather than people downloading all the shows off barefiles.

Something to do with them trying to get legal staus maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
    on Zane Lowe's show?!?!!?

but the singer/mc is totally biting JME? would JME ever get single of the week?
    it is actually totally shameless! how can he feel comfortable so entirely catting someone else's style?! its not even like he's drawn from it, he's just straight up jacked it

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
    "s***'s disgusting" (c) Cam'Ron

Quote Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
    im not saying everything was perfect in the good ol days - i dont even like all those deja sets with idiot mcs shouting all the time, barely on beat, and reciting rubbish lyrics, but listen to something like that famous 45 min set with slimzee and dizzee and its hard to find a bad beat on there. maybe thats just slimzee (i mean he does have brilliant quality control/taste, to this day) but it does seem like back (im talking 2002/2003) then the quality control was a bit higher. often i hear modern sets and think the beat quality is pretty erratic. for every scars you get some weird crappy thing that sounds like someone sat on the orchestral preset button a bit too long lol. i might just be being selective of course. i remember hearing that skepta set from sept last year and thinking the beats on there were quite brilliant... but that seems like ages ago.

i wish barefiles was up again.
    I dunno who you listen to these days. But in 2004 a bunch of tunes that sound like pulse x knock offs never really was that inspiring to me. The DJs I listen to usually play very good beats. I like to think I don't play anything which is pants in my instrumental sets.

BAAAAUUUUUMMMM
    Last edited by Logan Sama; 01-03-2007 at 10:51 AM.
    logansama.blogspot.com
    myspace.com/djlogansama
    info@logansama.com

New show time! Monday night 11pm-1am Kiss 100
    kiss100.com

Listen to the show HERE or HERE

look, just let me look back at the past with my rose tinted stunna shades on.

is it me or is Goodz hungry right now?

Rodney P and Skitz are playing this tune that chops 16 bars of classic hip hop tune, old to new. Logan's playing one built from ukg through dark garage and into proto grime. Goods merks both and sound nuts!

hes on fire right now. putting a lot of other Mcs to shame. i hope something bigger comes out of it (like an album).

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Sama View Post
    True Tiger produced the beat apparently
    Word, they've managed to redefine the term "fucking awful".

barefiles will be back soon with a slightly revised format.

Oh happy days.
    Full 2 hour ruff sqwad set at http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/archive (right click save target as when you get to the site)

captain easychord Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdown View Post
    is it me or is Goodz hungry right now?

Rodney P and Skitz are playing this tune that chops 16 bars of classic hip hop tune, old to new. Logan's playing one built from ukg through dark garage and into proto grime. Goods merks both and sound nuts!
    i think he's the best english mc

Slowly but surely, authentic channels are opening up through which people who actually have some comprehension and appreciation of the scene are being used to filter through new talent, rather than fucking PR machines to sell the newest shitty gimmick cashing in on the cache of grime.

But seeing all these artists who flirt with association with Grime and street to give their average music credibility like N Dubbz, Sovereign, Lily Allen and Sway, whilst actual pioneers of music are neglected and clueless mainstream djs champion a piss poor knock off with a better melody really irritates me.

Would it REALLY be that much effort to give some of these grime acts access to a proper producer who can rework a proper grime beat and a proper grime lyric into some semblance of a successful song? Stick Terror and Sadie in a studio with some musical svenghali who can turn the uncut diamonds of their previous tracks into hits. Put Rapid in a stdio with ANYONE and help knock out a fucking banging true UK anthem with some proper vocal production to it. There untold talent that isn't being nurtured. Really gets me down sometimes seeing so much creativity going to waste.

And to re-iterate; Hadouken can collectively suck their mothers.
    logansama.blogspot.com
    myspace.com/djlogansama
    info@logansama.com

New show time! Monday night 11pm-1am Kiss 100
    kiss100.com

Listen to the show HERE or HERE

Default FUCK Dizzee

Warning.. you wont like this post!

Why is everyone waiting for Dizzee Rascal?

Lets recall something:

• He isn't REAL - he became a celeb time ago!
    • He is signed to a major record company (sales over quality of music)
    • He hasn't released anything in time (seriously thought he died or something)
    • His new album wont be grime, but probably "Grimey" Hiphop (speculation, well its produced by US producers, not UK Music!!)
    • Lily Allen? WTF?!! Pick anyone but not her!! :@ grrrrrrrrr

Sooo....

Considering this album probably wont be Grime, sticking big artists on it, wont help grime at all! Just help to move a few more records and appeal to the more pop listeners. Meaning the ungrateful twat wants to get out of grime to get platinum status.. he's sold out.

So.... all this time, he kept quiet, dropped no mixtapes, proper sticking two fingers up to the fans who brought his past albums... expecting THEM to buy his new one.

Come on people, dont buy this album, SUPPORT UK MUSIC, this is no UK Music, its American, with some lily allen doing a chorus!! I bet Dizzee didnt even write the lyrics lol, wouldnt surprise me, I think all this time he was trying to get a "perfect album" out, getting ghostwriters to do lyrics, and maybe rearranging them to match his style...

dont hold on to the past people you'll kill the scene, you need to recognise Grime to these artists are a bandwagon to jump onto.. like garage started craig david, ms dynamite etc. they went straight to pop once you got them known... did they ever thank you? nope, did dynamite ever in public thanked sticky for creating her? nope...

i think you need to realise that no1 signed to a major record label company are REAL, and this REALness in urban music is just FAKE. I haven't heard any of the new dizzee album, but i think its going to sound american and too mainstream (which is crap!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Sama View Post
    Really gets me down sometimes seeing so much creativity going to waste.

And to re-iterate; Hadouken can collectively suck their mothers.
    It's breaks my heart too sometimes Logan, other times I look at it like the metal / alt.noise underground, who survive completely separate to the mainstream and do so quite nicely, and always have done. It's not the creativity going to waste that's a problem - it's not going to waste, it's just not getting exposed to as many people as *we* think it should. Maybe that's not a bad thing.

I was speaking to a mate yesterday who's a big record producer, and he doesn't do nothing he doesn't want to do anymore cos he was sick of working with majors who don't have a clue. No-one sells any records in the Uk anymore, really.