GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
ruff sqwad and boy better know live on resonance fm tonight from 1am... really looking forward to that, good on ya resonance!

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I love 'sweet mother' big tune - I kinda love how informal it sounds while skets attempting to sing over the chorus. ok it's a bit of played out subject matter (rappers/thugs and their dearest moms) but some funny lines.

On the Wiley album - which is another patchy (want to like oit more) effort, I'm loving the 'slippin' track - the riff and chrorus really works

Watch out for the new Dirty Canvas label - named No Hats No Hoods (so we don't come into direct conflict with Mr Davinchie!) - first couple of release in shops in July.

no_hats_no_hoods_RECORD_LABELS.jpg

viktorvaughn

I love 'sweet mother' big tune - I kinda love how informal it sounds while skets attempting to sing over the chorus. ok it's a bit of played out subject matter (rappers/thugs and their dearest moms) but some funny lines.

On the Wiley album - which is another patchy (want to like oit more) effort, I'm loving the 'slippin' track - the riff and chrorus really works

Watch out for the new Dirty Canvas label - named No Hats No Hoods (so we don't come into direct conflict with Mr Davinchie!) - first couple of release in shops in July.

Good news about the label, big ups for all the continued work!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
is frisco an actual member of bbk though or a guy who just teamed up to help boost the profile? I mean that's what wiley did/is doing/has done

Frisco was repping Boy Better Know before Back To The Lab vol. 2 came out because there was that Movement vs. BBK beef, and Logan Sama's War Report, and he was on the Boy Better Know side then.
Back To The Lab vol. 1 didn't come out on BBK.

All of Wiley's Tunnel Vision mixtapes did though. Vol. 6 won't be; that one is coming out on Eskibeat Recordings.

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Official Boy Better Know line up is Wiley, Skepta, JME & Maximum

Frisco isn't in Boy Better Know but both his Back To The Labs came out on Boy Better Know

Tunnel Vision 1-5 came out on Boy Better Know

I'm Back You Know didn't come out on BBK, JME just did the artwork for him.

Skepta & JME have released a number of vinyl. And Wiley is obviously always releasing music regardless of what label it comes out on, and that all adds up when building up the profile

They just have more quality output than anyone else right now not called The Movement .

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Wiley wouldn't be Wiley if he didn't have me slapping my forehead by doing something completely unreasonable when he's on a good streak:

50/50 and My Mistakes are just about the worst choices for singles.

Bow E3, No Qualms, Eskiboy and Gangsters are all clearly better options.

Also, those music videos are embarassingly bad and both look identical.

PS: Monkstar has finally left Newham Generals. Thank god for that.

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
TRACKLISTINGS 11/06/2007 GHETTO & CALIBAR GUESTS

DURRTY GOODZ / KEEP UP / AWKWARD
DIZZEE RASCAL FT UGK / WHERE'S DA G'S / XL
WILEY / BOW E3 / BIG DADA
KANO / IS THIS GRIMEY ENOUGH? / TRUE TIGER
ASHER D / IS THIS GRIMEY ENOUGH? / TRUE TIGER
P MONEY / KNIGHTRIDER / IN DA HOOD
BRUZA / NOT 2 NITE / AFTERSHOCK
AFTERSHOCK / WARNING (PAUL FINN REMIX) / AFTERSHOCK
FACTION G / AFRICAN ZULU WARRIOR FREESTYLE / DUB
TINCHY STRYDER / SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR SMILE / TAKEOVER
SEB ZERO / STEP IT UP / TOPSHOTS
GRIMINAL / IT''S ALOT / NASTY UK
CHIPMUNK / I'M CHIPMUNK / ESKIBEAT

***CALIBAR IN THE STUDIO***
CALIBAR FT NERO / CALI & NERO / DUB
CALIBAR FT GHETTO & SCORCHER / DON'T ACT OUT OF PLACE / DUB
*SINDEN & SOLID GROOVE / OVERBOOKED / ATLANTIC JAXX*
CALIBAR / SABOTAGE / DUB
*CAOS / BASSMENT / DUB*
CALIBAR / THE MOST F'ED INTRO / DUB
CALIBAR FT SCORCHER / THE ROADS / DUB
CALIBAR / APOCALYPTO FREESTYLE / DUB
www.myspace.com/calibars

***GHETTO IN THE STUDIO***
GHETTO FT KANO, SCORCHER, DEVLIN, WRETCH 32 & DURRTY GOODZ / TOP 3 SELECTED REMIX / J.CLARKE
*JME / MAYDAY / BOYBETTERKNOW*
GHETTO FT DEVLIN / HERO / J.CLARKE
GHETTO / I'M GHETTS / J.CLARKE
GHETTO / C.P.B. / J.CLARKE
GHETTO / TOUCH THE SKY / J.CLARKE
***GHETTO LIVE ON THE MIC***
MUSCIAL MOB / PULSE Y / WHITE
MR BEAN / ORIGINAL MIX / WHITE
SKEPTA / ROCKSTAR (POOMPLEX EDIT) / ADAMANTIUM
JME / DON'T CHAT TO ME / BOYBETTERKNOW
SKEPTA / SONOROUS / ADAMANTIUM
RAPID / TOP 3 SELECTED / ADAMANTIUM
WILEY / IT CAME BACK TO ME / ESKIBEAT
SKEPTA / DEAD (LOGAN SAMA KILLASOUNDBWOY VIP) / DUB
RAPID / KNIGHTRIDER / RUFF SQWAD
MASTERSTEPZ / MELODY / OUTLAW
DEXPLICIT / WAKADOOSA / ADAMANTIUM
PLASTICMAN / CHA / TERRORHYTHM
J SWEET / UNTITLED / MIXING
DIZZEE RASCAL / WHEEL / DIRTEE STANK
MR.SLASH / GLOCK 18 / SOUTHSIDE
www.myspace.com/ghettomc

http://files.filefront.com/LoganSamaKiss20070611ZIP/;7769006;;/fileinfo.html

petergunn

plywood violin
Wiley wouldn't be Wiley if he didn't have me slapping my forehead by doing something completely unreasonable when he's on a good streak:

50/50 and My Mistakes are just about the worst choices for singles.

Bow E3, No Qualms, Eskiboy and Gangsters are all clearly better options.

Also, those music videos are embarassingly bad and both look identical.

PS: Monkstar has finally left Newham Generals. Thank god for that.

seriously... 50/50 has no hook or chorus at all and the hook on My Mistakes is the most lopsided nonmusical thing i ever have heard... makes the hooks on later Kool Keith stuff sound catchy...

if they had just did a video for Gangsterz (w/o animated cars that look like a 10 year old did it), it would have been golden... a standard club video w/ yardies ice grilling the camera, etc would have been at worst, serviceable (like a Guy Ritchie film on a small level) and at best, quite good... there are so many great images and lines in that song, it's a really visual song...

gumdrops

saw lethal b last night at the 100 club. was a good show. new songs sounded alright to good, even the one with pete doherty (who didnt show of course). was funny seeing quite a lot of girls dressed up so nicely considering its the 100 club and er, lethal b performing but bizzle was fun. anyone know who his hype men were? thye were good. one of them looked like a teenage gza. was great hearing oi again. anyone seeing dizzee tonight? i hope it starts on time...

and my mistakes is just a shit song, full stop - shouldnt even be on a wiley album...

Last edited:

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
"my mistakes were made by me, your mistakes were made by you."

most redundant lyric ever?

it's been said again and again and again and again and again and again but someone seriously fucked up on the wiley singles.

gumdrops

it was probably wiley.

cant imagine a label like big dada really being able to tell wiley (or any of their artists) what to do. i think they just release the albums as theyre given.

what do ppl think of ice kid? i liked the two instrumentals on his myspace. as an emcee i think hes pretty bad, but the two beats there reminded me of i luv u and 2002/03 type grime, just without any of the syncopation.

Last edited:
not to be bad but

Official Boy Better Know line up is Wiley, Skepta, JME & Maximum

They just have more quality output than anyone else right now not called The Movement .

just those three mc's (wiley isn't a member imo - there when its hot, won't be there when it's not)...that's not a lot but anyway...imo

how are joseph and jamie diversifing content between Meridian, Roll Deep and BBK?

ice kid needs time...that or...I dunno lol

I am actually quite upset that Monkey/Monkstar has left - sad news

Bow E3 should've been the jump-off with a really low budget vid for Gangsters on the flip as a double a-side...then No Qualms (video) and Eskiboy on the flip...then some slow tune to finish with Letter to Dizzee on the flip (just so ppl would be like 'ooh that's how he knows him'...imo

I have to say that show looks a lot - i'll listen to the playback

does anyone know where Nappa and Alias are nowadays?

oh yeah......."eeeeeast london where the man dem a BOOP!" - slix muuurked that hook...love the way he slightly drags out east...drama

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I am actually quite upset that Monkey/Monkstar has left - sad news

Bow E3 should've been the jump-off with a really low budget vid for Gangsters on the flip as a double a-side...then No Qualms (video) and Eskiboy on the flip...then some slow tune to finish with Letter to Dizzee on the flip (just so ppl would be like 'ooh that's how he knows him'...imo

I completely agree. Wiley seems to have some kind of inbuilt function for fucking up when he's on a roll. If he chose those singles himself, then he is the poster child for why signed artists need managers. "Sometimes I think I should've stayed with the same manager I had back in '03"

You're upset about Monkstar? As far as I'm concerned, he brought absolutely nothing to the table in the Gens. His flow was so basic and lyrics so boring and unimaginative. I just felt like he was ruining every track or set he appeared on. Dee and Foots have such a chemistry, and he doesn't fit anywhere within it.

"I will make your mum my maid/ keep her there til her hair has greyed" was a really funny line though.

Last edited:

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I completely agree. Wiley seems to have some kind of inbuilt function for fucking up when he's on a roll. If he chose those singles himself, then he is the poster child for why signed artists need managers.

You're upset about Monkstar? As far as I'm concerned, he brought absolutely nothing to the table in the Gens. His flow was so basic and lyrics so boring and unimaginative. I just felt like he was ruining every track or set he appeared on. Dee and Foots have such a chemistry, and he doesn't fit anywhere within it.

"I will make your mum my maid/ keep her there til her hair has greyed" was a really funny line though.

I wouldn't say his lyrics are unimaginative, that's probably the only thing he's got going for him! But he's very hard to listen to, no excitement what so ever. He's like a more intelligent, less entertaining Terminator.
His productions on the other hand, are very underrated. In the generals style of grime/dubstep mixture. I wouldn't mind a 4 instrumental track ep release by him.

Immryr

your face i will detatch / not only from your body / but also from your lips

ahhahahaha i havent listened to terminator for ages. hes hilarious though.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
"It's Monkstar lyrically big/ Your like a twig/ By a branch/ I'll bury the whole game like an avalanche"

He's embarassing bruv!

PS: lol at Terminator.