GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

tom pr

So I got the Poison Dart remix 12 in the mail today, and there's only a bloody Flowdan vocal on it! I remember early this year I was moaning to anyone who'd listen about how Flowdan could be right up there with Skepta and Wiley, but he just doesn't do enough on vinyl, but in the last six months he seems rejuvinated teaming w/ the Bug.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
thanks for still putting out good grime on vinyl logan. i LOVE LOVE LOVE Devil by Maniac (as an aside, who is the mc with bars for wiley over this on ghettos b'day set??). Im less keen on the skepta EP, but i bought it anyway, just for the hench remix really.

I'm glad you both enjoyed it. You did well to pick up the test press.

For anyone else looking to pick up this new Maniac ep, the promos will be in shops from mid-next week.

tom pr

So I got the Poison Dart remix 12 in the mail today, and there's only a bloody Flowdan vocal on it! I remember early this year I was moaning to anyone who'd listen about how Flowdan could be right up there with Skepta and Wiley, but he just doesn't do enough on vinyl, but in the last six months he seems rejuvinated teaming w/ the Bug.
uploaded an mp3 of the first half of the track: http://pandarescue.blogspot.com/2007/11/bug-flowdan-combination.html

gumdrops

the rapping on this reminds me of certain grime mcs like tempa t.
the guy who comes in around 1.20 is really good too.
old uk hip hop (gunshot) for you grime snobs. :p

outraygeous

did anyone get down to dirty canvas??

quick run down of the night:

old skool garage by sunship was boring - for me - and no one knew any of the tunes. weird!
grime segement, logan played well, didnt hear much new stuff
chippy is boring and got pushed to the back

from all the mcs on stage, the only ones who got reloads are the ones who have performed more than put out mixtapes.

Jendor is the biggest mc in the game - true stories

and a chick BLATENTLY got batteried 6 in a line outside - big up Sasha

HAG

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
i missed trim cos i'm an idiot - was sat in the bar the whole time he was on and the only glimpse of him i got was seeing him leaving. BAH.

apart from that, i had a really really good night, best night for a while in fact. bun-u deserves infinite respect for putting on consistently good, well organised grime raves in london which must seem like more trouble than it's worth some times. it is much appreciated :cool:

pretty funny seeing minus from dubplate drama desperately trying to draw attention to himself all night as well.

mos dan

fact music
lol well it seemed obvious but also completely unlikely for dc. especially in this weather, christ!

i'll never forget leaving rhythm factory once a couple of years ago and seeing a seriously unlikely (but real!) tryst between a certain grime mc and a certain high-profile woman from the dubstep scene.

sorry for turning this thread into popbitch hehe

got sidewinder raw 3 in the post today; that slew dem set with d double on the decks is too much. i really need a tempa t mixtape as well.

tomd

penis like a micromachine
i knew what battried meant, but when wiley says my names scheme'o, sold class a like neno, trouble maker like beeno, who or what is neno?

edit, my spellings terrible, prenounced knee no

bun-u

Trumpet Police
thanks jeg and tom and others making the nights...

see the youtube footage of wiley clashing ghetto (times when you knowit's all worth it)

Part 1

Part 2

filming by Tim and Barry, in case the idents didn't give it away

looking forward to Durrty Goodz in Brighton on Friday