Page 2 of 760 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Quote Originally Posted by simon silverdollar
    cuz i'm one of the worst offenders in starting loads of little grime threads, i thought i'd start this thread, as a place where people can post little titbits of grime info. a little like those 'rolling threads' on ILM.

so, to kick things off:
    YOU MUST get the young.dot EP. the best grime record in ages. i keep going on about this record and i'm not going to stop until everyone tells me that they love it!

on wax?

where? rhythm division have it?

"Can anyone suggest any other grime tunes with big female vocals. "

Heaps!

Davinche, Katie Pearl ft. Jendor - Mr. DJ
    Terra Danjah ft. Shola Ama - So Contagious
    Sadie ft. Kano - So Sure (esp. the Target Remix)
    Shystie - Make It Easy (Davinche Remix ft. Katie Pearl, Crazy Titch & J2K)
    P-Jam & Chardonnay - Can't Hold It In
    Gemma Fox - Gone (P-Jam Remix)
    Skepta ft. Chanelle - Flying Away
    Roll Deep - Fly Away
    Davinche, Katie Pearl ft. Kano - Leave Me Alone

Those are my favourites.
    (I didn't really like the Kele Le Roc version of Davinche's "Frontline" as much as I expected to...)

re: SLT Mob's emcess on grime,

*yawn*

if they are goin on negative?, to them i say "get in line"
    what you know about ips, we are the top boys in ips

Quote Originally Posted by 2stepfan
    Really want it for the title track. Can anyone suggest any other grime tunes with big female vocals. (also interested in female MCs but lets stick with singing first...)
    Oh no.. let's move on to female MCs and lose the R+G moanerama! I'm interested in hearing more female grime MCs..

simon silverdollar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ripley
    Oh no.. let's move on to female MCs and lose the R+G moanerama! I'm interested in hearing more female grime MCs..
    no-lay and maihem and lady cutie are my favourites.

simon silverdollar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by petergunn
    on wax?

where? rhythm division have it?
    rhythm division certainly had it a couple of days ago, cuz that's where i got my copy from. (bear in mind you need to search for young.dot NOT young dot)
    uptown also have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmarsh
    vicious and dangerous wud make most grime mc's look stupid.
    and no they aint grime, far from it.
    el sid, clearly you're on crack

while I do like 'splurt', its clearly not doing anything lyrically or rhythmically that the top grime boys couldn't blitz. anyway, to date they have been predominantly hosts, while the best grime mc's moved onto a whole nother level ages ago

in fact i don't even know why you would make such a comparison unless it was part of some badmarsh/el sid/hotair crew advance marketing campaign. . didn't you follow the threads against grime spam on dissensus?

either that or its part of your ongoing 'i hate grime' campaign which has already been murked on dubplate.net

change the record badmarsh

Quote Originally Posted by nine

while I do like 'splurt', its clearly not doing anything lyrically or rhythmically that the top grime boys couldn't blitz. anyway, to date they have been predominantly hosts, while the best grime mc's moved onto a whole nother level ages ago
    Much as I enjoy the SLT mc's interjections, must agree with Mr. Nine on this. Nothing particularly impressive about them. Watch out for lady mc Renee Silver. She got freestyle skillz that leave SLT eating her dust.

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    el sid, clearly you're on crack

in fact i don't even know why you would make such a comparison unless it was part of some badmarsh/el sid/hotair crew advance marketing campaign. . didn't you follow the threads against grime spam on dissensus?

either that or its part of your ongoing 'i hate grime' campaign which has already been murked on dubplate.net

change the record badmarsh

hello steve! how u doing? just my view. dont get personal now sir.....your so nice and polite when we meet, even if u did spill my spliff...now u murk me! and i really dont know how u think its advancing my label in anyway or myself...chill your beans.

first time ive read dissensus in a good few months actually...and no i havent followed the thread....

peace!
    Last edited by Badmarsh; 14-09-2005 at 12:17 PM.

LOL - For the record there is no beef (before people think there is.) This has been cleared via other methods of communication.

DMZ/LOEFAH + HOTFLUSH in Holland (The Hague) tomorrow night Thursday incase any of you are in the area.

Thanks for this thread! Having spent 3 months in Bolivia (I know) I have missed out on much of the grime scene's recent movements.

I just copped the Young Dot E.P. and it is absolutely "shower".

Quote Originally Posted by Badmarsh
    DMZ/LOEFAH + HOTFLUSH in Holland (The Hague) tomorrow night Thursday incase any of you are in the area.
    Can't say I'll be in the area, but good luck with that Sid. Should be large.

Hey can somebody tell me what's going on w/ dubplate.net??? There's a gaping absence in my internet.

Default Jamrock versions

How many Jamrock versions are floating around atm?

Klashnekoff - Jamrock Freestyle (people paying way too much for it on ebay)
    Rossi B & Luca - Run 4 Cover (prolly my favorite one)
    SKT - Jam Rock Remix (only seen it on uptown)
    Tony Tayo & 50 Cent - They Call It Murder (waste)
    Damian Marley ft BIG - Welcome 2 Jamrock (DJ Rob Dinero & DJ Irie Remix) haven't heard it tho

more than that?

Default muggles

a bit scared of starting a new thread now-a-days

i'm in london at the mo but i'm gonna be in chicago in a couple of weeks just for a visit
    so if anyone wants to put in orders for grime stuff from london and save on shipping i can carry afew records with me on the plane and post or give em out in chi-town

"particle physics conference supports fledgling dubplate scene"

Quote Originally Posted by h-crimm
    i'm gonna be in chicago in a couple of weeks
    warning: grime spam to follow

Hey if you'll still be in Chicago for October 3rd come out to Lava Lounge for the second installment of "Grime @ Lava". Last month's turnout was impressive. Me and Sushi should be on deck this time around reppin London sounds, Chicago style. Brüt Force what.

end: grime spam