GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

luka

as im sure you know, thats who i meant but i couldn't remember his name, ivanhoe was his partner.... he was amazing

Immryr

i think lok was a better producer than mc. he made some amazing beats, its such a shame most of them never got to see the light of day.

viktorvaughn

Nasty Jack is the most under-rated older MC I think.

His Lyrical Alphabet bars over DTI is one of the best bits of music ever, it's in one the old classic NASTY sets.

mos dan

fact music
as usual, young dot/dot rotten (still don't like calling him that) brings on the GRRRRR showerface like none other

can't wait for his album, last year's mixtape was probably the best of the year.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Oh, and Esco.

Everyone rates Esco, he just never puts anything out so there isn't much TO rate.

Even though he is one of the big dargs, I'd say Tinchy Stryder. He gets rated, but not on the level that he should. I've said this before though.

Everyone rates Esco, he just never puts anything out so there isn't much TO rate.

You know what, you're right there. I've got a few tunes and a couple of sets with him on, it's bad that there are so many shit CDs out there and there isn't even any sniff of one from him.

Chuu

Well La Di Bloody Da
probably new skepta or wiley tunes

tracklisting...
skeamz - greengate guys
wiley - club 5
da vinche - what is mine
rudekid - window cleaner
skepta - dustbin man
wiley - ok
spyro - wow
rudekid - ufo mode
spyro - double decker bus
silentcer - regulation
wiley - 527am
crazy bandit - get down rmx
silentcer - killer Instinct
skepta - dti vip
wiley - are you fucking dumb
skepta-ufo
swindle - zumpi hunter rmx
jme - mario flag
misty dubz - from day
wiley - where you gonna hide
jme - jme iq
wiley - club 3
skepta - untitled
wiley - club 7
skepta untitled
wiley - club 12
statix - hey yo
nocturnal - way down the road rmx
wiley - bang bang
wiley - olimpic torch

Thanks for that.

mos dan

fact music
grime scene:

dan is shopping in the bourgeois paradise that is borough market. dan is wearing his 'grime is dead' tee. dan is buying some gorgonzola from some up-market italian deli stall.

italian guy (handing over gorgonzola): "so, you know why grime is dead don't you?"
dan (taken aback): "err, no, go on.."
italian guy: "cos all the mcs are shit now. i should know, i used to produce garage back in the day."

the conversation proceeds on the relative merits of smasher's 'back in the day' and goodz's 'switching songs' as retro, garage-referencing 'history' tracks. dan convinces italian guy to buy the axiom ep and check out chipmunk and microphone champion, and leaves, confused, with his gorgonzola.

benjybars

village elder.
an italian garage producer?!

oi, does anyone know where i can cop Da 2nd Phaze????

i lost my copy and it seems stupidly hard to track down now... :confused:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My boss at this job I had before christmas saw I was on dubstepforum (instead of doing work) once and proceeded to have a long conversation with me about dubstep, grime, minimal techno etc. I spent the afternoon listening to the Rufige Kru album on his i-pod lol

Logan

Grime Guru
grime scene:

dan is shopping in the bourgeois paradise that is borough market. dan is wearing his 'grime is dead' tee. dan is buying some gorgonzola from some up-market italian deli stall.

italian guy (handing over gorgonzola): "so, you know why grime is dead don't you?"
dan (taken aback): "err, no, go on.."
italian guy: "cos all the mcs are shit now. i should know, i used to produce garage back in the day."

the conversation proceeds on the relative merits of smasher's 'back in the day' and goodz's 'switching songs' as retro, garage-referencing 'history' tracks. dan convinces italian guy to buy the axiom ep and check out chipmunk and microphone champion, and leaves, confused, with his gorgonzola.

As always, everything I do takes 6 months to a year to bear fruit.

Excellent stuff.

Meanwhile, check this:

Aza+T+-+iGrime+Cover+Episode+1.jpg

The new podcast project that I have been talking about for quite a while is finally ready and hopefully this will be the first episode of many.

It will feature sets from DJs and MCs together, as well as DJ vocal/instrumental mixes. I'm going to try and organise as many DJ and MC mixes as I think they will be the most sought after...

Details including tracklistings, places to download it etc are here at the quick website I made for it:

www.igrime.com

If you are a DJ or MC or someone that just wants to help out or get involved, get at me at aza@igrime.com, or hit me up in a private message here etc.

Let me know what you think about the artwork, the website and of course... the mix...

I've posted it here first, later on today when I get some more time I'll post it up everywhere else.

You can subscribe to it using iTunes and that button on the page; but it is not yet in the iTunes store... That will happen later on today or sometime tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy it...

Aza T​

mos dan

fact music
lol innit logan - those tees helping shift cds. he was italian-london i guess, only had a bit of an accent.

that podcast is a lot.. some great new goodz bars and i'm only a couple of minutes in. that and things like grimeforum and grimepedia - and grimetapes - are all important signs of grime building its own sustainable infrastructure. hopefully.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
that and things like grimeforum and grimepedia - and grimetapes - are all important signs of grime building its own sustainable infrastructure. hopefully.

sounds like wishful thinking to me. surely infrastructure needs to entail business models and things that actually make the artists revenue?

giving away podcasts is a culture or a hobby, infrastructure is something artists can stand on...

sounds like wishful thinking to me. surely infrastructure needs to entail business models and things that actually make the artists revenue?

giving away podcasts is a culture or a hobby, infrastructure is something artists can stand on...

I think that's where www.grimestore.com comes into effect in that it's a linked store to the pedia/forum etc, which given the levels of traffic the grimepedia gets can't be a bad thing- if it's brought to the attention of the visitors by the individual's pages on the site that's not bad?
Not to say, of course, that one more online site is necessarily what's needed but it can't be a bad thing.

Mine is a blatant hobby/archive, I have no intention of making any money for anyone or myself via this, but that's by the by.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
you're right blackdown it probably is a bit of wishful thinking, but this:

I think that's where www.grimestore.com comes into effect in that it's a linked store to the pedia/forum etc, which given the levels of traffic the grimepedia gets can't be a bad thing- if it's brought to the attention of the visitors by the individual's pages on the site that's not bad?

makes sense. and maybe things like grimeforum/grimepedia/grimestore/podcasts/legal radio shows are the post-pirate background to the business models being established by the likes of jme (was it 6000 t-shirts sold last year..), also worth mentioning skepta's amazingly savvy marketing of rolex sweep etc

Also perhaps worth mentioning is that grimestore is going be selling Silencer's vinyl that's out soon, has it's own gf instrumental EP coming (CD only, unfortunately), will accept any submissions from any artist to get their shit sold in there.

Going like some promobot here but Hij and them are really trying to move things forward here, and I think it's quite admirable to be honest. Whether it pays off or not we'll see but it's nice that there's some movement at least.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I know I say this quarterly but...

anyone who speaks with these grime guys on even a semi-regular basis, or anyone who is involved in things like record labels or online retailers...

two words:

PURCHASABLE
MP3

god damn it.
I resent having to buy CDs in this day and age. the format makes no sense and it gets on the internet just as quick either way. plus, downloads mean a wider audience who can't reach uptown records or rhythm division because they don't live in london.

is it a hard thing to do or what? I know dubplate.net has some mixtapes up, but not others. why not all?