GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Client Eastwood

was listening to logan and goodz on the way into work.

i think i may have made a couple of screwfaces on the bus as i got some weird looks. good work all involved. at 320 bit rate too :cool:

mos dan

fact music
I know I say this quarterly but...

anyone who speaks with these grime guys on even a semi-regular basis, or anyone who is involved in things like record labels or online retailers...

two words:

PURCHASABLE
MP3

god damn it.
I resent having to buy CDs in this day and age. the format makes no sense and it gets on the internet just as quick either way. plus, downloads mean a wider audience who can't reach uptown records or rhythm division because they don't live in london.

is it a hard thing to do or what? I know dubplate.net has some mixtapes up, but not others. why not all?

i dunno cos this ain't really my area, but it sounds like a good question? bun-u? logan?

Cornflake

sick boy....

lol...i had a nice flashback to a couple years ago when i was all about trying to get artists albums in stores/shops here in canada.
I gave up lol...im too busy unfortuntaely these days.

benjybars

village elder.
just to say that my remaining vinyl is buy 1 get 1 free!!

some crazy Lidl offer!

check my sig for the link to the remaining records..

safe..

how was it? would've liked to have reached, esp as it was in south, but i had plans..

Disappointing. I walked in and they were playing early El-B- always a good sign- P Money jumped on mic early doors, and it was hype as fuck, some decent new stuff and some sick old stuff.
Then it went jungle for 3 hours and Chipmunk couldn't get in because he was 17 and I left when they started playing modern dnb because it's shit innit.

Apparently the dubstep set at the end of (Rusko) was good, but I was knackered so I bought some chicken that I have yet to review.

mos dan

fact music
Disappointing. I walked in and they were playing early El-B- always a good sign- P Money jumped on mic early doors, and it was hype as fuck, some decent new stuff and some sick old stuff.
Then it went jungle for 3 hours and Chipmunk couldn't get in because he was 17 and I left when they started playing modern dnb because it's shit innit.

Apparently the dubstep set at the end of (Rusko) was good, but I was knackered so I bought some chicken that I have yet to review.

damn, thanks for reminding me! need to get on this too.

damn shame about chippy - how crap is that for everyone concerned?! you think it's one thing they'd get straightened out with the management/bouncers ffs.

if there's one plus out of the night, I would say that I've been looking for somewhere south where I could throw a night later on this year and the Amersham has now emerged as where I want to do it. Could do without such a young art school crowd personally but whatever.
Tape soon come hopefully.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
if there's one plus out of the night, I would say that I've been looking for somewhere south where I could throw a night later on this year and the Amersham has now emerged as where I want to do it. Could do without such a young art school crowd personally but whatever.
Tape soon come hopefully.

was the sound alright then? bok bok was interested in it a while back but after one visit reckoned it was just any indie pub venue in terms of sound quality.

It was alright yeah. I know what he means because I've been there before and it was a bit shit, but bar a bit of distortion early on that got sorted out quick, it was sound.
Not quite the redstar but to be honest I'd be a bit weary of trying to throw a full-on grime night on the cusp of Camberwell etc anyway.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Sorry to do mo plugs but the Rude Kid EP release date was yesterday and you can cop this and the other NHNH releases here

And I'm off to live in Berlin, so I'll be following the scene closely on this thread as always

luka

you know you have to make the pilgramige to canning town for that junor spesh blog innit. the source. its essential. my stepbrother is a member of the dixy fried chicken group on facebook. he only eats chicken, nothing else. ive got another mate who was like that but then he fucked his insides up becuas of it and had to have anal surgery.