GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
ew. i love fried chicken like nothing else, but it's gotta be in moderation innit, offset by several litres of fruit juice and about a week of eating mackerel with wholemeal rice.

hang on, bun-u goes to berlin?! erm, bye bye! does this mean there's going to be grime parties in berlin worth making a trip for? i would def be up for that.

mos dan

fact music
it's not bad is it? the video, i mean (that new x chicken shop sounds waste). make your chart predictions now everyone... afaic it'll depend entirely on whether the pr team working on it get it on radio 1, capital, etc, as with wmr - if so top ten definitely.

hahah that video is wicked

what is it with grime artists doing videos in pubs

im thinking of old blue last roll deep

although skepta comes across a bit wooden

has anyone got dj spooky - party package volume 2

it was a freeby thing he gave away promo

anyhow, i stupidly deleted it when i first got my copy cos i wasnt feeling it, and now im listening to an old rinse set and im loving it, so i want it back! long i know

if anyone hasnt got it, this megaupload from 2006 is still working for volume 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFPOH0RY

Elijah

Butterz
sounds like wishful thinking to me. surely infrastructure needs to entail business models and things that actually make the artists revenue?

giving away podcasts is a culture or a hobby, infrastructure is something artists can stand on...

fully agree

when a music scenes home is a forum its a problem. nothing physical in this scene any more man. i helped create grime forum with 4 other people i hadnt met. Cant conduct business via msn.

Spyro's completely essential birthday set; JAMAKABI, Killa P, Badness and Dizzle Kid
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2zxiynmmdx

I'm surprised I haven't seen Spyro mentioned much in here. Since that 1000 beats in an hour set he's been completely live to be honest, not a single bad set. That said, this is the set of the year so far for me.
You just need to hear it.

elijah i need to get at you still

edit- 1:14:00 into this set, DOK makes a grime beat out of "When Will I Be Famous"; it's a lot.
oh yeah, spyro dropped "tour de france"

!

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
edit- 1:14:00 into this set, DOK makes a grime beat out of "When Will I Be Famous"; it's a lot.
oh yeah, spyro dropped "tour de france"

!

there's no emoticon emotive enough to express my shock at those two facts! cheers for the link, on the dl.

dizzee at number one? lets hope those dirtee stank £££s get re-invested into some music that isn't thoroughly awful.

elijah, if anything i think rwd will only get worse, it'll have to be more and more (cough, spit) 'advertiser-facing', there will be more stupid nonsense about brands (remember prancehall's blog about rwd?) and nothing-y uk hip hop/channel-u type acts, that get page space just because they HAVE PR COMPANIES, which hardly any grime people do still.

there isn't really any pr in grime is there? charles is a don with what he does for rinse, fwd, etc, bashy and wretch have a pr guy... but the best effort everyone else can manage is to myspace the odd journalist and ask them for an interview.

i guess i'm just wondering if anyone thinks the lack of PRs makes a significant difference? personally i think you'd see more reviews in mainstream publications, but as we've discussed before does that make a big difference?

This is just a quick observation really.
Listen to the Spyro set, during the spitting. The amount of funky tunes and/or drum patterns that crop up through the set is a fair whack considering.

Listen to this new Wiley & Donaeo track that follows some Rolex format to an extent but still
http://www.zshare.net/audio/147515330c3ccbfe/
Then listen to the Rolex Sweep remix at the end of the track, last minute of the track. Someone said on VIP2 "Funky Grime" and it's almost true.

The influence of the other scene on grime needs to be brought up right now.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The influence of the other scene on grime needs to be brought up right now.

I've been thinking about this recently too, what with so many funky producers being ex-grime, current grime producers talking about how they are working on funky tracks (e.g. rapid), mc's actually being a part of the funky scene in the same way they were for UKG, it having obvious wider appeal, bigger raves, girls, the audience consisting more or less of the same demographic, and the current "grime" tracks selling loads of records both have house beats (dizzee's bogfloater with calvin harris, and wearing my rolex).

I think its very likely a lot of grime is either going to veer off into funky, or we're gonna see the same evolution of funky that we did with garage (mc's role is going to increase and increase, and the production will get starker and starker until it doesn't really resemble funky anymore). in fact, DJ NG has already predicted this.

luka

oi, i got the big scoop! sharky major is doing very well for himself as an estate agent..... you heard it here first!

I think its very likely a lot of grime is either going to veer off into funky, or we're gonna see the same evolution of funky that we did with garage (mc's role is going to increase and increase, and the production will get starker and starker until it doesn't really resemble funky anymore). in fact, DJ NG has already predicted this.

I wouldn't say it's moving into funky completely as I don't necessarily agree with the continuum style theory that one thing becomes the next.
However, it just seems like the influence it's having on the music at present as a scene is producing more and more dance orientated tracks, the percussion elements from the sound as well.
Posted on grimeforum about this as well, I dunno.

tomd

penis like a micromachine
Anyone heard this new Ironik tune, stay with me? Heard it on radio 3 times today at work. Personally i think that female vocal during his verse sounds like me when i take a shit. Getting alot of media play though.