Page 3 of 760 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

my conference ends on the 30th but i might hang around a bit...

i was thinking of trying to do something with my boyfriend at texas ballroom. or somewhere in bridgeport...
    then i just decided to straight bail to london.

chicago could lap it up tho i think.
    what sort of people come?
    i thought the 'clash of civilisations' at the dizzee show was cool, but it would be better if there was a sustainable counter illustration of the segregation in the city. especially if that was a grime night.

if you see what i mean :S

nah, I saw what you meant at the Dizzee show. I'd say some of those people are going to Lava, maybe for the first time if they see a flyer that says 'grime' on it. But last time it seemed like it was basically the drum & bass crowd, neighborhood crowd, and some electro hipsters (they also put 'electro' on the flyer... guh).

Oh ya, Sushi will probably be playing grime at Betty's Blue Star Lounge on Sunday Sept 25th if you don't have to be up on Monday morning.

Default Maths and English

Anyone got anymore info on the new Dizzee album? When it might be out etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoa-B
    How many Jamrock versions are floating around atm?

Klashnekoff - Jamrock Freestyle (people paying way too much for it on ebay)
    Rossi B & Luca - Run 4 Cover (prolly my favorite one)
    SKT - Jam Rock Remix (only seen it on uptown)
    Tony Tayo & 50 Cent - They Call It Murder (waste)
    Damian Marley ft BIG - Welcome 2 Jamrock (DJ Rob Dinero & DJ Irie Remix) haven't heard it tho

more than that?
    this doesn't really seem to fit in with the grime theme of this thread but anyway. more versions:

- zagu zar - welcome to england (10" - includes wicked jungle remix) A MUST HAVE
    - i dl'd a rmx featuring some bars from jay-z from soulseek (an old jay-z acapella)
    - lil' kim - push ya lighters up (different beat but she's jacked jr gong's style and pattern)
    - ini kamoze & damian marley - world a jamrock (punchline 7")
    - several cuts on 7" from sizzla, ini kamoze, one in spanish and possibly one by chaka demus as well. can't remember name of label
    - greensleeves 'world jam' rhythm album : another 20 cuts! the best are by ward 21, beenie man and richie spice IMO (also available on 7" on the bad 2000 label). this re-lick of the riddim isn't nearly as heavy as the sly & robbie original though
    - speaking of which, of course - ini kamoze 'world a music', the tune that started it all

the biggie remix is a bit disappointing - his lyrics don't make any sense alongside jr gong's either
    i don't rate klashnekoff's as highly as everyone else seems to, but it's good still - come and hear him do it live this friday at heatwave, i'm sure i'll love it then

Quote Originally Posted by Badmarsh
    DMZ/LOEFAH + HOTFLUSH in Holland (The Hague) tomorrow night Thursday incase any of you are in the area.
    Wish i was "in the area".

have a good time fellas.
    GIGS: 3/21 - GourmetBeats Radio
    AFFILIATIONS: BreaksFM | GourmetBeats | 2CharmingCrew | DubWar NYC

Post New JME interview

whatup dsensers, just upped an interview I did with JME when he came to berlin, it's on my sizzling words blog http://www.wearechangeagent.com/shad...sizzleblog.php

I guess this is the right thread to put this in huh? I voted for more grime spam by the way, it's the main reason I read this board. And dubstep/bashment spam too.

so what's this thing at tate britain on saturday - is it during the day? and what's the tax? can't figure it out from the flyer. should be good tho.

http://chantellefiddy.blogspot.com/2...-saturday.html

simon silverdollar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DJL
    Anyone got anymore info on the new Dizzee album? When it might be out etc?
    is maths and english going to be the title of the new dizzee album then? what a great title!

(mind you, he does have a habit of changing his mind about these things doesn't he?- boy in da corner was going to be called 'dizzee new heights', i think...)

Quote Originally Posted by nebbesh
    so what's this thing at tate britain on saturday - is it during the day? and what's the tax? can't figure it out from the flyer. should be good tho.
    yeaah its quite mysterious isnt it... sounds quite amazing tho, mainly for the magazine component (even tho hardcore is more than music has tended to be liberal-arts-swag in my opinion...)
    is that a flyer that only goes out to special people who are invited to be part of the 1000? like chantelle oh -my-diddy and i guess a few other people on here?
    or is it open to whoever wants to go? first come first served... if so when are we sposed to first come!
    and how are they gonna stop people just going for the music when the point is making a magazine? hmmmm
    the magazine has the flyer up publically on thier website but no other details so its not like fiddy just leaked it
    or is it 1000 kids from on road who arent (like the editors of hcimtm) art school trained fake youth culture / m.i.a. ?

an enigma, which i have done less than nothing to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by nebbesh
    so what's this thing at tate britain on saturday
    it's free and it's from 12 noon till 6pm

email naomi from HIMTM for more info - auerfeld@gmail.com

i'm there, it sounds interesting

A friend of mine is co-organising that Tate event thing......jus thought I'd add that.....I may reach......
    1 $/£ of aid is NOTHING compared to 1 $/£ of FAIR trade....

Ekome....

Quote Originally Posted by simon silverdollar
    is maths and english going to be the title of the new dizzee album then? what a great title!

(mind you, he does have a habit of changing his mind about these things doesn't he?- boy in da corner was going to be called 'dizzee new heights', i think...)
    Some people were saying that it is the title on the RWD forum. This blog also has a post about it: http://oneplaylist.blogspot.com/

GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc - possibly also questions to save spamthreading?

anyone know anything about the newham generals album?

What the kebab Xiquet, are you in here too? LOL
    I thought I was seeing double (in reference to a reply to the "DHR.com" thread)

simon silverdollar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boomnoise
    GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc - possibly also questions to save spamthreading?

anyone know anything about the newham generals album?
    to be honest when i started the thread, i didn't really give a shit about grime spamthreading- i just thought it'd be nice and convenient to have a lot of grime stuff in one place.

dunno much about the newham generals album, other than frontline will be the single off it, and it's got the amazing 'mic centre' on it.